Drawing the DC Model of a Circuit

In summary, this conversation is about drawing the DC model of a circuit. It is mentioned that for a DC model, capacitors are open (or grounded) and AC sources are grounded. In this specific problem, the leftmost OP-Amp is a voltage follower and can be disregarded, with a wire connecting pins 3 and 5. The second OP-Amp on the right is causing trouble because pin 6 goes straight into a grounded capacitor, but this does not mean the OP-Amp does not exist. R3 and C2 effectively do not exist at DC, but R1 does. Any help is appreciated.
KTiaam

Homework Statement

[Picture of Problem](http://i.imgur.com/7q4yj8O.png)

Homework Equations

[/B]
* It is dealing with drawing the DC model of a circuit
* Now i know when drawing a DC Model, all capacitors are open (or ground) and AC sources are grounded as well.
* In this specific problem, i know that the left most OP-Amp is a Voltage follower, meaning that i can just disregard that OP-Amp, and connect a wire form pin 3 to pin 5 and treat it as just a wire connecting those two pins.
* The second OP-Amp on the right is going me trouble, however. Pin 6 goes straight into a capacitor (C2) which is ground. So does that mean that the OP-Amp does not exist?
* Also from my understanding R3 does not exist, because both ends of the resistor are connected to ground. Also if my logic is right about R3, then R1 does not exist.
* At this point any help is appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
At DC capacitor C1, C2, C3 each represents an open circuit.

KTiaam said:
* In this specific problem, i know that the left most OP-Amp is a Voltage follower, meaning that i can just disregard that OP-Amp, and connect a wire form pin 3 to pin 5 and treat it as just a wire connecting those two pins.
Not really. An op-amp as a voltage follower also provides isolation. Pin 3 should never "feel" anything that happens to pin 6 (I think you meant pin 6, the output of the op-amp). And pin 6 should not be able to "see" the impedance at pin 3. You want to just declare the voltage at pin 6 to be whatever the voltage is at pin 3.
* The second OP-Amp on the right is going me trouble, however. Pin 6 goes straight into a capacitor (C2) which is ground. So does that mean that the OP-Amp does not exist?
Not at all. The capacitor is an open circuit at DC.
* Also from my understanding R3 does not exist, because both ends of the resistor are connected to ground. Also if my logic is right about R3, then R1 does not exist.
C2 and R3 effectively don't exist at DC. But R1 most certainly does.

1. What is the purpose of drawing a DC model of a circuit?

The purpose of drawing a DC model of a circuit is to visually represent the flow of electricity through a circuit. This helps to understand how the components in the circuit are connected and how they affect each other.

2. What are the essential elements of a DC circuit model?

The essential elements of a DC circuit model include a power source, conductors, resistors, and circuit components such as switches, capacitors, and diodes. These elements are connected in a specific order to create a complete circuit.

3. How do you draw a DC circuit model?

To draw a DC circuit model, first identify the essential elements of the circuit. Then, using a pencil and paper, draw a diagram showing the power source, conductors, and components in their correct positions. Use symbols to represent each element and label them accordingly.

4. What are some common mistakes when drawing a DC circuit model?

Some common mistakes when drawing a DC circuit model include forgetting to include all the necessary elements, drawing the elements in the wrong order, and using incorrect symbols to represent the components. It is also important to ensure that the circuit is drawn accurately and clearly.

5. How can I check the accuracy of my DC circuit model?

To check the accuracy of your DC circuit model, you can use a multimeter to measure the voltage and current at various points in the circuit. This will help you identify any errors in your drawing and ensure that the circuit is functioning correctly.