Electric Conductors and Storage

In summary, the person is wondering how electricity could be absorbed by some sort of conductor and then stored in a different container from container a to container be. They think that this could be done from container a where electricity would be generated and roaming freely, needing to be absorbed and transmitted to container b. However, their idea makes no sense and there is no "electric absorber," "freely roaming electricity," or material that could absorb them.
sparkscience
1. I am wanting to find more out about how electricity could be absorbed by some sort of conductor and then stored in a different containter from container a to container be. Saying that this were to be done from container a where electricity would be generated and roaming freely, needing to be absorbed and transmitted to container b. I know this is a weird question.

2. I was thinking like an electric absorbing material at the core that absorbs the electricity? Then just route conductors from the core to a separate container that would hold a large amount of electricity and store it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Please do not be offended, but what you are saying makes absolutely no sense. There is no "electrical absorber." There is no "freely roaming electricity." We can conduct electric charge from container a to container b, only if there is a potential difference between the two containers; this means, essentially, that charge will flow form a container where the charges are more tightly packed, to a container where they are less tightly packed.

There are a few electrons zipping around our atmosphere, so there are some "charged particles" that are "roaming freely," but the available energy from these particles is zero, so there is no "electricity" to be retrieved from them. Any material could "absorb" them, but the same material wold lose them at the same rate.

Please keep thinking, and ask plenty of questions, but also learn the basics of what is already known. Here is a pretty good online tutorial. There are better ones, but I'm not on the right computer right now (I don't have my bookmarks).

I know it makes no sense seeing how I don't know much. I like experiementing with things and sometimes it gets a bit dangerous. Like shocking myself. I am working on a project with my brother. I don't know scientific terms that good but am going to school so I can learn more. We know what we want to make, its just taking time while we learn how and learn the terminology and all that good stuff. I probably sound like a weirdo to you.

Thank you though. :)

What are electric conductors?

Electric conductors are materials that allow the flow of electric current through them. They have high conductivity, meaning that they have a large number of free electrons which can easily move through the material when an electric field is applied.

What are some examples of electric conductors?

Some common examples of electric conductors include metals such as copper, aluminum, and gold, as well as graphite, which is a form of carbon. These materials have high electrical conductivity due to their large number of free electrons.

What is electrical storage?

Electrical storage refers to the ability of a material or device to store electrical energy. This energy can be stored in the form of electric charge, electric potential, or as chemical energy in batteries.

What are some examples of electrical storage devices?

Some common examples of electrical storage devices include batteries, capacitors, and supercapacitors. These devices are designed to store electrical energy and release it when needed, allowing for portable and reliable sources of electricity.

Why is it important to have good electrical conductors and storage?

Good electrical conductors and storage are essential for the functioning of many modern technologies. They allow for the efficient and safe transportation of electricity, as well as the storage of energy for use in various devices and systems.