1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fluid dynamics question

1. Sep 4, 2014 #1
    I have a question where I have to find minor head losses for a system using both the equivalent length method and number of velocity heads method .

It will not let me attatch the drawing here but , a liquid is to be pumped from an underground vessel (which is vented) to a pressurissed container (200KPa absolute) above ground level. The system has 4 x 90 degree bends.
    For the equivalent length method using the following data , (standard bend =37 eq length as pipe diameters , entry to pipe = 15 eq l as pipe diameters and exit from pipe = 50 eq l as pipe diameters ) I have worked out the answer to be 0.703m

This is using the modified Darcy equation , assuming typical pipe friction coefficient to be 0.005 and u^2 is 3.24 .

Can anybody please confirm whether this is correct or incorrect please and any feedback would be grateful

Regards

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?