What Is the Current Distribution in a Parallel Circuit with Three Loads?

In summary, the Grade 11 parallel circuit test will cover principles such as calculating total resistance, current, and voltage in parallel circuits, as well as solving related problems. To prepare for the test, it is recommended to have a solid understanding of these principles and to practice solving problems. The test will likely include a mix of multiple-choice questions and open-ended problems, so it is important to be comfortable with both types of questions. Specific formulas and equations that should be focused on include Ohm's law, the formula for total resistance, and the formula for total current in parallel circuits. Additional resources such as online practice problems and videos can also be used for studying.
swathi
A current of 4.80 A leaves a battery and separates into three currents running through three parallel loads. The current to the first load is 2.50 A, the current to the second load is 1.80 A, and the resistance of the third load is 108 [resistance sign here ] .

calculate (a) the equivalent resistance for the circuit
(b) the resistance of the first and second loads

=)
please and thankyouu !
TEST TOMORROW :|

Physics news on Phys.org
Please show some work and effort. What is the relationship among, voltage, current and resistance? What is the significance of the voltage across parallel loads?

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the information about the grade 11 parallel circuit test tomorrow. It is important to prepare and study for tests to ensure a good understanding of the material.

To answer your question, let's first define some terms. Equivalent resistance refers to the total resistance of a circuit when all the individual resistances are combined. The formula for calculating equivalent resistance in a parallel circuit is 1/R = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3, where R1, R2, and R3 are the resistances of the individual loads.

(a) To find the equivalent resistance for this circuit, we can plug in the given values into the formula:
1/R = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3
1/R = 1/108 + 1/108 + 1/108
1/R = 3/108
R = 108/3 = 36 [resistance sign here]

(b) The resistance of the first and second loads can be found by using Ohm's law, which states that resistance is equal to voltage divided by current (R=V/I). We know the current (2.50 A and 1.80 A) and we can assume a standard voltage of 1 volt, so we can calculate the resistance for each load.
R1 = 1/2.50 = 0.4 [resistance sign here]
R2 = 1/1.80 = 0.56 [resistance sign here]

I hope this helps with your preparation for the test tomorrow. Good luck!

1. What topics will be covered on the Grade 11 parallel circuit test?

The test will cover the principles of parallel circuits, including calculating total resistance, current, and voltage in parallel circuits, as well as solving problems involving parallel circuits.

2. How can I prepare for the Grade 11 parallel circuit test?

To prepare for the test, make sure you have a solid understanding of the principles of parallel circuits, and practice solving problems involving parallel circuits. Review your notes, textbook, and any classwork or homework assignments related to parallel circuits.

3. Will the test include multiple-choice questions or open-ended problems?

The test will likely include a mix of both multiple-choice questions and open-ended problems, so make sure you are comfortable with both types of questions.

4. Are there any specific formulas or equations I should focus on for the test?

Yes, you should be familiar with the equations for calculating total resistance, current, and voltage in parallel circuits. These include Ohm's law (V=IR), the formula for total resistance in parallel circuits (1/Rt = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + ...), and the formula for total current in parallel circuits (It = I1 + I2 + ...).

5. What resources can I use to study for the Grade 11 parallel circuit test?

In addition to your notes, textbook, and classwork, you can also use online resources such as practice problems and videos to review and reinforce the concepts covered on the test.