1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help using thermodynamic tables

1. Oct 18, 2013 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Complete this table for H20:

2. Relevant equations

T, °C...........P, kPa..................h, kJ/kg...........x Phase..........description
    200 ................................................................0.7

I just need help getting started, all I have is a packet full of tables and I dont know which to use and when, if someone could give me some general information on solving this type of questions so I can do other ones by myself it would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 18, 2013 #2
    I know that were supposed to find 2 intensive properties to start but then I dont know what to do since there a lot of tables. Does anyone know how to do this?

4. Oct 18, 2013 #3
    You just have to match up the values. If you have a phase it will be in the saturated tables, high pressures in compressed liquid tables, and high temperatures in superheated vapor tables. If you can't find the numbers on the tables then you have to use interpolation.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted