Help with finding vintage valve amplifier circuits (amplifiers for a rock band)

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
If a criticism was meant, please make it clear.
Sorry you took it that way. No criticism intended. The portion of your post I quoted was entirely for the benefit of the OP. I didn't know if Wollie had ever seen @Planobilly's build.

Likes berkeman
Sorry you took it that way. No criticism intended. The portion of your post I quoted was entirely for the benefit of the OP. I didn't know if Wollie had ever seen @Planobilly's build.
Thanks for clarifying. I'm sorry I over-reacted. I do have a thin skin on certain points, based on history elsewhere.

Likes dlgoff, berkeman and jim hardy
Just to add my 1.5c there are sites all over the Internet with circuit diagrams of Marshalls, Fenders, Voxs etc. Many of the modern versions don't actually differ much from the originals, they've just added more channels or put midi-control on the switching etc. Also many amps are just copies of someone else's. You just have to decide whether you want Class A or A/B or whatever. The circuits are simple but getting exact replicas of things like output transformers may require custom work. If you are happy with more modern versions they are available as spares from the current manufacturer.

Cheers

I built a 30W guitar amp many years ago. Here's the circuit:

Attachments