Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hi friends! about metallurgical & materials engineering

1. Sep 24, 2005 #1
    I'm studying at Physics ,but I am interested in materials engineering,and I want to learn more about M.M.E.in the world. :confused:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 24, 2005 #2
  4. Sep 24, 2005 #3

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Even more specifically there is a Mat. Eng. Forum.
  5. Sep 24, 2005 #4

Staff: Mentor

This thread got moved out of General Engineering to GD, but it would be more appropriate in Materials & Chemical Engineering.

Anyway, marie_curie, what is it that you wish to know about material engineering or materials science.

Since mankind uses a variety of materials in a variety of products and in a variety of environments, one must know how that material performs - so there is a discipline of materials engineering or science devoted to understanding materials from a microscopic, was well as macroscopic, standpoint.

In addition to understanding the physical (including thermophysical), mechanical, and chemical (and electrochemical) properties of a material in order to know how it will perform, one must also understand how the material is manufactured. Often, how a material is made will affect how it performs.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?