1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hi friends! about metallurgical & materials engineering

1. Sep 24, 2005 #1
    I'm studying at Physics ,but I am interested in materials engineering,and I want to learn more about M.M.E.in the world. :confused:

thanks,
    maria

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 24, 2005 #2
  4. Sep 24, 2005 #3

EnumaElish

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Even more specifically there is a Mat. Eng. Forum.

5. Sep 24, 2005 #4

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

This thread got moved out of General Engineering to GD, but it would be more appropriate in Materials & Chemical Engineering.

Anyway, marie_curie, what is it that you wish to know about material engineering or materials science.

Since mankind uses a variety of materials in a variety of products and in a variety of environments, one must know how that material performs - so there is a discipline of materials engineering or science devoted to understanding materials from a microscopic, was well as macroscopic, standpoint.

In addition to understanding the physical (including thermophysical), mechanical, and chemical (and electrochemical) properties of a material in order to know how it will perform, one must also understand how the material is manufactured. Often, how a material is made will affect how it performs.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?