How to find sec(theta) when sin(theta) and tan(theta) are given

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alice Shield
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Alice Shield
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Member notified that some effort must be shown

Homework Statement


Sin theta = 5/13
Tan theta = -5/12

Homework Equations


I don't know what equation to use

The Attempt at a Solution


I'm not sure if I did it right on the calculator
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello Alice, :welcome:

Not the way things go, here in PF : see guidelines

To get started: do you know what ##\sec\theta## is ?
 
BvU said:
Hello Alice, :welcome:

Not the way things go, here in PF : see guidelines

To get started: do you know what ##\sec\theta## is ?
Sorry it's my first time using this site and I'm still learning how to get around here.
Sec theta is 1/ cos theta?
 
Alice Shield said:
Sorry it's my first time using this site and I'm still learning how to get around here.
Sec theta is 1/ cos theta?

Okay, and ##\tan \theta##?