Ideas for Main Project (Written Report)

In summary, the speaker is a high school student who is looking for ideas for their final year project in physics. They mention that their project will be a written assignment on 20-25 pages and that they are aiming for a high grade. They also mention their interest in the theory of Holistic Quantum Cosmology with Decreasing Gravity and provide a link for more information. They apologize for any grammatical errors and mention that English is not their native language. The speaker asks for suggestions from anyone who may have ideas for their project.
Lord_of_WorldDK
Hi

In december, I'll do my high-school final year project. As one of my key-subject is physics, I thought some of you perhaps had some ideas about themes etc.

The high-school project is a written assignment/report on about 20-25 pages, so the preparation has to be tip top.

Last year, was only a demo project year. I made a report about Classical Astronomy - analysing the theories of "the world" from the timeline of Plato to advanced theories in the time of Einstein. A 95/100 in grade.

I'm writing this in the college level forum, as the teaching in my physics class is higher than average high school standards.

As for now, I've been looking at the theory of Holistic Quantum Cosmology with Decreasing Gravity.
http://www.rostra.dk/louis/

I apologize for any grammatical error, as I haven't corrected it, or neither is english my native language, as I'm a danish citizen.

Physics news on Phys.org
anyone who'se got an idea or two?

Hi there,

First of all, congratulations on receiving such a high grade on your previous project! It sounds like you have a strong background in physics and are looking for a challenging topic for your final year project.

Based on your interest in Holistic Quantum Cosmology with Decreasing Gravity, I would suggest exploring this topic further for your project. You can delve deeper into the theory and analyze its implications and potential applications. You can also compare it to other theories in the field of cosmology and discuss its strengths and weaknesses.

Another idea could be to research and analyze the concept of dark matter and its role in the universe. This is a highly debated and mysterious topic in the field of physics and could make for a very interesting and informative project.

You could also consider exploring the relationship between mathematics and physics, and how mathematical concepts and equations are used to explain and predict physical phenomena.

In addition, you could look into the latest advancements in quantum mechanics and their potential impact on our understanding of the universe.

Overall, I would suggest choosing a topic that you are passionate about and that challenges you to think critically and creatively. Good luck with your project!

1. What is the purpose of a written report for a main project?

The purpose of a written report for a main project is to document and communicate the process, findings, and outcomes of the project. It serves as a detailed record of the project and allows for others to understand and potentially replicate the project in the future.

2. How do I come up with ideas for a main project?

Ideas for a main project can come from a variety of sources such as personal interests, current research topics, or previous projects. It is important to choose a topic that is meaningful and feasible for you to complete within the given time frame.

3. How do I choose the best idea for my main project?

Choosing the best idea for your main project can be a subjective process. It is important to consider factors such as your interests, available resources, and the potential impact and relevance of the project. It may also be helpful to consult with a mentor or advisor for their input and guidance.

4. What should be included in the written report for a main project?

The written report for a main project should typically include an introduction, background information, methodology, results, discussion, and conclusion. It should also include any relevant data, charts or graphs, and references to support your findings.

5. How can I ensure that my written report is well-written and organized?

To ensure that your written report is well-written and organized, it is important to thoroughly proofread and edit your work. You should also follow a clear and logical structure, use appropriate language and terminology, and provide sufficient evidence and support for your findings. It may also be helpful to have someone else review your report for feedback and suggestions.