Input a micro controller into Eagle circuit 6.2.0 light

In summary, the individual is trying to add an ATMEGA168A-PU Atmel 8 Bit 16K AVR Microcontroller into Eagle and has searched through the libraries provided on the website. However, no suitable controller was found. It is suggested to create a generic footprint for a 40-pin DIP and do the wiring from the schematic to the PCB footprint. The individual is directed to a tutorial on how to do this.
jstbyndjupitr
I'm trying to pull in an ATMEGA168A-PU Atmel 8 Bit 16K AVR Microcontroller into Eagle and have looked through the libraries provided through their website, does anyone know where i can find it or and equivalent controller?

Engineering news on Phys.org
You'll probably need to create your own. Should be a generic footprint for a 40-pin DIP (assuming that's what you have) that you can probably copy and use for your own (you still need to do the 'wiring' from the schematic part to the PCB footprint). Since it's been a while since I've used Eagle, and since they'd do a better job of it anyway, this is covered in the tutorial:
http://www.cadsoftusa.com/training/tutorials/

Thanks, I'll give it a shot!

Related to Input a micro controller into Eagle circuit 6.2.0 light

1. How do I add a microcontroller to my Eagle circuit in version 6.2.0 light?

To add a microcontroller to your Eagle circuit in version 6.2.0 light, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Open your Eagle circuit in version 6.2.0 light.
  2. Click on the "Add" button in the top toolbar.
  3. Choose "Part" from the drop-down menu.
  4. In the search bar, type in the name of the microcontroller you want to add.
  5. Select the appropriate microcontroller from the results and click "OK".
  6. The microcontroller will now be added to your circuit and you can place it wherever you want.

2. Can I import a microcontroller from an external library into Eagle circuit 6.2.0 light?

Yes, you can import a microcontroller from an external library into Eagle circuit 6.2.0 light by following these steps:

1. Open your Eagle circuit in version 6.2.0 light.
  2. Click on the "Library" button in the top toolbar.
  3. Choose "Use" from the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Select Library" window, click on the "Open" button.
  5. Navigate to the location where your external library is saved and click "Open".
  6. The external library will now be added to your Eagle circuit and you can use it to add a microcontroller.

3. How can I edit the properties of a microcontroller in Eagle circuit 6.2.0 light?

To edit the properties of a microcontroller in Eagle circuit 6.2.0 light, you can follow these steps:

1. Select the microcontroller you want to edit.
  2. Right-click on the microcontroller and choose "Edit" from the drop-down menu.
  3. The "Edit Part" window will open, where you can change the properties of the microcontroller such as its name, package, and pin mapping.
  4. Make the desired changes and click "OK" to save them.

4. How do I connect the pins of a microcontroller to other components in Eagle circuit 6.2.0 light?

To connect the pins of a microcontroller to other components in Eagle circuit 6.2.0 light, you can use the "Net" tool:

1. Select the "Net" tool from the toolbar or use the "N" shortcut key.
  2. Click on the pin of the microcontroller you want to connect.
  3. Move your cursor to the pin of the other component you want to connect and click to make the connection.
  4. Repeat this process for all the pins you want to connect.

5. How do I check for errors after adding a microcontroller to my Eagle circuit in version 6.2.0 light?

To check for errors after adding a microcontroller to your Eagle circuit in version 6.2.0 light, you can use the "ERC" (Electrical Rule Check) tool:

1. Select the "ERC" tool from the toolbar or use the "F7" shortcut key.
  2. The "ERC" window will open, showing any errors or warnings in your circuit.
  3. Fix any errors or warnings that are related to the microcontroller, such as incorrect connections or missing components.
  4. Once all errors and warnings are resolved, click "Run" to perform the check again.
  5. Repeat this process until there are no more errors or warnings in your circuit.