Solve Integral 17(sin(x))^3(cos(x))^9

In summary, an integral is a mathematical concept used to find the area under a curve on a graph. To solve an integral, one can use integration techniques such as substitution, integration by parts, or trigonometric identities. The purpose of solving this integral is to find the area under the curve of a given function, which has various applications in mathematics, physics, and engineering. There are different methods to solve this integral, and it is important to choose the appropriate one based on the given function. While this integral can be solved analytically, it is common to use online tools or calculators for faster and more accurate results.
rubecuber

Homework Statement

Integral 17(sin(x))^3(cos(x))^9

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=55l9ediwdqxsg4f&thumb=4

Homework Equations

Integration

The Attempt at a Solution

I get (-17(5sin(x))^2 +1)(cos(x))^10)/60. But I'm wrong. It says I need to change something but I don't know what.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
substitute for cosx. then you will see that one of the sinx goes out with the change of integration variable. then you should be able to solve it easily

1. What is an integral?

An integral is a mathematical concept that represents the area under a curve on a graph. It is used to find the total value of a function over a given range or interval.

2. How do you solve an integral?

To solve an integral, you need to use integration techniques such as substitution, integration by parts, or trigonometric identities. You can also use online tools or calculators to solve integrals.

3. What is the purpose of solving this specific integral?

The purpose of solving this integral is to find the area under the curve of the given function, which can have various applications in mathematics, physics, and engineering.

4. Is there a specific method to solve this integral?

Yes, there are various methods to solve this integral, including using trigonometric identities and integrating by parts. It is important to choose the appropriate method based on the given function.

5. Can this integral be solved analytically?

Yes, this integral can be solved analytically using integration techniques. However, the process can be complex and time-consuming, so it is common to use online tools or calculators for faster and more accurate results.