Integration problem with e (check my work)

In summary, the conversation discusses how to integrate the function 5e^(5x)*sin(e^(5x))dx. The solution involved factoring out 5 and using substitution with u=e^5x to simplify the integral. The final answer was found to be sin(u)-u*cos(u) with the original e^(5x)s substituted back in.
Aerosion

Homework Statement

(integrate)5e^(5x)*sin(e^(5x))dx

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I factored 5 out of the integration and made u to be e^5x, and du to be 5e^5x, or (1/5)du=e^(5x)dx. Because of this, the 5 factored out of the equation canceled out with the (1/5), leaving (integrate)u*sin(u).

I integrated that, making sin(u)-u*cos(u) (I think) and pu the e^(5x)s back where the u's were. Am I right in doing this?

Physics news on Phys.org
[tex] \int{f'(x)\sin{f(x)} dx = -cos(f(x)) + C [/tex]

Last edited:
Never mind. I figured it out like right after I posted. Sorry.

1. What is the formula for integrating e?

The formula for integrating e is ∫e^x dx = e^x + C, where C is the constant of integration.

2. How do I solve an integration problem with e?

To solve an integration problem with e, you can use the formula ∫e^x dx = e^x + C and follow the steps of integration, such as substitution or integration by parts.

3. Can e be integrated with respect to a variable other than x?

Yes, e can be integrated with respect to any variable. The formula for integrating e remains the same, but the constant of integration may change depending on the variable used.

4. What are some common mistakes when solving integration problems with e?

Some common mistakes when solving integration problems with e include forgetting to add the constant of integration, making errors in the integration process, and forgetting to simplify the final answer.

5. How can I check my work when solving an integration problem with e?

You can check your work by differentiating the result of your integration using the power rule. If the derivative matches the original function, then your integration is correct.