Broken Arm Again - 3rd Time the Charm?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Arm
In summary, Evo has a broken arm and is going to the ER. Kurdt promised bubble wrap suits, but they haven't shown up yet. The PF copter is on its way to help Evo.
Congrats, Evo!
Evo said:
It's good that it's a nice walk to the nearest "eatery". I tend to bring my own food and heat it up in the nearby breakroom though.
Is that safe? :uhh: :biggrin:

And if I fall, I can take a Segway to the doctor's office. :rolleyes:
How far to the doctors office? Have you introduced yourself - just in case? :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Maybe you could get your office moved to the same building as the doctor. It might be for the best.

Get to know the doctor, Evo. He may offer a volume discount.

I'm so glad to hear your able to go back to work. Granted, its very nice to be off of work, but more so when your feeling good and can do some fun things.

Evo said:
I tend to bring my own food and heat it up in the nearby breakroom though.
Stay away from the breakroom Evo. I think this thread should be locked. Everytime it bubbles to the top, I think you've broken your arm yet again.

jimmysnyder said:
Stay away from the breakroom Evo. I think this thread should be locked. Everytime it bubbles to the top, I think you've broken your arm yet again.
:bugeye: Breakroom...probably not a safe place.

Well I just bought a greek platter with gyros, hummus, some fiery green sauce and even hotter red stuff, some shredded cabbage with some vinegar sauce. Yummy, but $10!

It will be lunch and dinner, there's a lot of it.

Congratulations, Evo

deskFlowers.jpg

That's how one starts a first day.

Andre said:
Congratulations, Evo

deskFlowers.jpg

That's how one starts a first day.
Awww, <sniff> no one sends me flowers. Thank you Andre! Those are beautiful. :!)

After I got a black eye a couple of weeks ago, I'm came into my office to find that my chair now had airbags.

Nice to know people care about me. :!)

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1961/bubblechair.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No wonder you keep falling over. That carpet is making me dizzy.

Can't they tie Evo to that pillar to hold her up?

OMG! I saw this thread and I thought you broke your arm again !

Glad you didn't!

Couldn't help Evo, lisab. She is a pro at falling forward.

mgb_phys said:
Just for EVO?

A Japanese company says it has made an airbag designed to stop elderly people injuring themselves by falling over.

I think I know who is going to be banned next.

lisab said:

Glad you didn't!
I've got a feeling that this thread will be around for a long time. :wink:

dlgoff said:
I've got a feeling that this thread will be around for a long time. :wink:
Oh yes, this is the never ending thread.

lisab said:

Glad you didn't!

Jeez. So did I.

We need a new thread icon: OLD

Evo said:
After I got a black eye a couple of weeks ago, . . .
? :frown:

I think we forbid you to break anymore limbs, so we'll have to extend that restriction to eyes. In fact, you are forbidden to be injured anywhere in or on yourself. :approve:

I do need to have my arm re-broken because it set so crooked, so I could re-title it, "about to break my arm again".

I forgot to mention that I sprained my ankle. I have no idea how I did, but the tissue on medial side of the tibia was sore, swollen and purple (bruised) even down to the instep. The doctor mentioned the deltoid muscle, but I think I wrenched the tibiotalal and tibiocalcaneal ligaments.

Astronuc said:
I forgot to mention that I sprained my ankle. I have no idea how I did, but the tissue on medial side of the tibia was sore, swollen and purple (bruised) even down to the instep. The doctor mentioned the deltoid muscle, but I think I wrenched the tibiotalal and tibiocalcaneal ligaments.

I need to fill in for Moonbear here. You had bruising and swelling of the medial aspect of your distal tibia (near your ankle on the inside), and your DOCTOR mentioned the deltoid muscle?

Run away. Run very far away! Oh yeah you can't run on a sprained ankle. Hobble away!

Astronuc said:
I forgot to mention that I sprained my ankle.

What is a standard dislaimer in such situation? We can't help you, limp seek medical assistance?

berkeman said:
I need to fill in for Moonbear here. You had bruising and swelling of the medial aspect of your distal tibia (near your ankle on the inside), and your DOCTOR mentioned the deltoid muscle?

Run away. Run very far away! Oh yeah you can't run on a sprained ankle. Hobble away!
I think he meant deltoid ligament, but said muscle.

There are four ligaments which make up the deltoid ligament:

posterior tibiotalar ligament
tibiocalcaneal ligament
tibionavicular ligament
anterior tibiotalar ligament

These ligaments give support to the inside of the ankle (medial ankle joint).
http://www.northcoastfootcare.com/footcare-info/foot-anatomy.html (toward bottom of page)

The posterior tibial tendon got injured as well. It's still sore.

Sorry to hear about your ankle. Odd that you don't remember how it happened. Been nipping the Nyquil? :wink:

Evo said:
Sorry to hear about your ankle. Odd that you don't remember how it happened. Been nipping the Nyquil? :wink:
I was traveling to a conference on the west coast. I got in about 11 pm, which is 2 am EST. I didn't sleep much the night before.

It's really odd, but all I remember is the ankle felt sore when I left the car rental place. It felt a bit sore when I checked in at the hotel, like I had just dinged it, but nothing serious. After I got the room, and sat down to relax, I noticed ankle was really swollen, somewhat painful, and the inside of my foot was significantly bruised. But I could not remember any time when I might have twisted or hyper-extended it. Obviously I overloaded it sometime between getting off the plane and picking up the car. Possibly it was walking down some stairs, or stepping off the bus at the car rental place - but I just can't remember. :rolleyes:

Even my doctor was surprised given the injury.

You guys injure yourself too often.

SticksandStones said:
You guys injure yourself too often.
Yes - in retrospect it was a mistake to put the PF Fortress of Doom on top of the unreachable mountain beyond the impassable fire swamp. Especially because it makes going out for a coffee rather treacherous.

Hopefully the new Fortress of Doom II will be wheelchair accessible and near an IHOP.

I'm an anticpating Fortress of Doom III - Evo Returns.

FoD will be the next great trilogy!

We're already looking into purchasing an island paradise and a secluded mansion in the lakes.

Kurdt said:
We're already looking into purchasing an island paradise and a secluded mansion in the lakes.
Ah, drowning! That's one Evo has not attempted recently.

turbo-1 said:
:eek:

turbo-1 said:
Evo, don't pay attention to this person. :biggrin:

All this talk is so wrong. Evo your arm just gets an overhaul. Should be fixed in a couple of months. Astronuc, just take it easy, rest a lot and perhaps consider wearing shoes.