Solve Kinetics Homework Question | t=17.5, 11.3s

• Thread starter Solidsam
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Kinetics
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem related to torque and finding the correct answers. The person is struggling to solve the problem and requests for help. The suggested procedure involves converting applied torque to force and balancing it against frictional force.
Solidsam

Homework Statement

I trying to do this hibbeler question which I have modified a bit

However I'm not getting the correct answers which is supposed to be t=17.5 and t=11.3 s

I will take a picture of my attempt when I get a hold of a camera in the meantime if anyone knows how to do it I would be grateful if you could post how it's solved

Physics news on Phys.org
I'll wait to see your answer. :smile:

It looks like the basic procedure is going to be to take the applied torque (from the dimensions given), convert it to force, and then balance that force against the frictional force. Repeat for the for the four wheel drive instance.

Related to Solve Kinetics Homework Question | t=17.5, 11.3s

1. How do I solve kinetics homework questions?

To solve kinetics homework questions, you must first understand the principles and equations involved in kinetics. Then, you can use the given information, such as time (t) and initial velocity (v), to solve for the unknown variable.

2. What does "t=17.5, 11.3s" mean in a kinetics homework question?

In kinetics, "t" refers to time and "s" refers to seconds. The given values of 17.5 and 11.3 represent specific points in time that you will need to use in your calculations to solve the question.

3. Can I use any equations to solve this kinetics homework question?

There are specific equations and principles that apply to kinetics, such as the equations for velocity, acceleration, and distance. Make sure to check which equations are relevant to the given question before attempting to solve it.

4. What is the significance of the initial velocity in kinetics homework questions?

The initial velocity (v) is the velocity at the beginning of a motion or reaction. It is an important factor in solving kinetics questions as it is used to calculate other variables, such as final velocity and acceleration.

5. How can I check if my answer to a kinetics homework question is correct?

To check if your answer is correct, you can plug in your calculated values into the original equation and see if it makes sense. You can also compare your answer to the expected result or ask a classmate or teacher for confirmation.