1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Relativity Looking for a good book on GR

1. Oct 3, 2017 #21

Demystifier

Science Advisor

Well, O'Neil has two books I am aware of. One of them is a physics book: The Geometry of Kerr Black Holes.

2. Oct 3, 2017 #22

martinbn

Science Advisor

I like that one too. I meant the semi-riemaniann geometry one.

3. Oct 3, 2017 #23
    Misner, Thorne, and Wheeler's Gravitation was mentioned earlier in the thread. I'd like to point out that it's being reprinted in hardcover, and will be available on the 9th of this month, this coming Monday:

https://www.amazon.com/Gravitation-Charles-W-Misner/dp/0691177791/

4. Oct 4, 2017 #24

Demystifier

Science Advisor

Good timing, just after one of the authors got the Nobel prize. Remarkably, another book by that Nobel prize winner has been published a couple of weeks ago. Is it just a coincidence, or did publishers count on it that he could get the Nobel?

5. Oct 4, 2017 #25
    Since they're both textbooks, I think it's probably a coincidence.

If a publisher wanted to cash in, they'd make an inexpensive popular science book. Thorne hasn't published one of those since 2014.

6. Oct 4, 2017 #26

vanhees71

Science Advisor
    2016 Award

Even better, I guess they now will bring out more DVDs etc. of the movie "Interstellar" as "adviced and produced by a Nobel Laureate" :-)).

7. Oct 4, 2017 #27
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted