Help with Plotting a 1D Matrice in MathCAD 14

In summary, you need to remove the "abi" index from your matrix, and if you want to do something with it in the definition of the matrix, you need to make sure it is in the document before the matrix.
Uku
Hello!

I'm having the following problem;
[PLAIN]http://www.hot.ee/jaaniussikesed/probleem_graafik.jpg

I try to plot a 1D matrice with a sequence, or a 1D matrice and I get a result that "this value must be real". Now... what!?

I am using MathCAD 14.

Help is much appreciated,
Uku

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Uku said:
I try to plot a 1D matrice with a sequence, or a 1D matrice and I get a result that "this value must be real". Now... what!?

I am using MathCAD 14.

Help is much appreciated,
Uku

I see your matrix has an unspecified index "abi".
Remove the index "abi" from M, and it should work a lot better.
I'm assuming you want i to iterate over the values in M.

Also, if you want to do something with i in the definition of M, you need to make sure i is in the document before M, otherwise MathCAD will think i is the imaginary number sqrt(-1).

[Edit]How did you define i? Did you type i:1;12 (which is the proper way)?[/Edit]

If you really want, you can put an index "abi" in as just a name without symbolic function.
To do this I believe you need to type M.abi instead of M[abi.

Hoi!

Thanks for the reply, the problem is solved.

Uku

Attachments

• Bez tytu?u.png
    Bez tytu?u.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 1,239
Last edited:
dawidk89 said:
Hello

Help me !
My mathcad all the time show THIS VOLUE MUST BE REAL. This is my equation:
https://www.physicsforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=52208&stc=1&d=1350934907

THX for help

I can't see the entire plot to try and work out what you've done ... posting a worksheet as well as an image is generally helpful as several problems are not obvious from just a screenshot (also saves respondents typing things in). Try plotting F(10) against F(10), or assiging F(10) to a variable and plotting that using a standard range variable technique.

See attached Mathcad 11 format file.

attachment.php?attachmentid=52213&stc=1&d=1350941057.jpg

Attachments

• phys - 12 10 22 vector plot 01.jpg
    phys - 12 10 22 vector plot 01.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 1,454
  • phys - 12 10 22 plot vector function.mcd
    11.3 KB · Views: 592
Excognito Thanks for your help

Kein Problem.

1. What is a 1D matrice?

A 1D matrice is a mathematical object that consists of a single row or column of numbers. It is often used to represent data in a linear fashion.

2. What is MathCAD 14?

MathCAD 14 is a software program designed for mathematical and scientific calculations. It allows users to input mathematical equations and plot data in various formats.

3. How do I plot a 1D matrice in MathCAD 14?

To plot a 1D matrice in MathCAD 14, you can use the "Plot" function located in the "Insert" tab. Select the data you want to plot, choose the desired plot type, and click "OK" to generate the plot.

4. What are the benefits of plotting a 1D matrice in MathCAD 14?

Plotting a 1D matrice in MathCAD 14 allows you to visualize and analyze your data in a more organized and efficient way. It also allows you to easily identify patterns and trends in your data.

5. Can I customize the plot of a 1D matrice in MathCAD 14?

Yes, MathCAD 14 offers various customization options for plotting a 1D matrice. You can change the plot type, add labels and titles, adjust the axes, and more to create a personalized and informative plot.