Solving Dependent Sources in Admittance Matrix

In summary, You can find the Admittance matrix and current voltage vector by writing node equations using dependent sources and substituting in equations for the dependent sources. For example, Vx = (e3 - e2)/Rx. The current through Ry can be represented as alpha*Vx and the voltage Vy can be represented as alpha*Vx*Ry.
erezb84

Homework Statement

Hi,
i need to find the Admintace matrix and the current voltage vector.
i know how to do it if i have only non dependent sources.
but how should i work with the dependednt source?
s
should i take the dependent voltage source and turn it to current source with parallel resisotor?

thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 394
Physics news on Phys.org
erezb84 said:

Homework Statement

Hi,
i need to find the Admintace matrix and the current voltage vector.
i know how to do it if i have only non dependent sources.
but how should i work with the dependednt source?
s
should i take the dependent voltage source and turn it to current source with parallel resisotor?

thanks in advance.

I think if you just write the node equations using the dependent sources as-is, and then write separate equations for the dependent sources (for example, [itex]V_x = \frac{e_3 - e_2}{R_x}[/itex]) that you can substitute in, then you should be able to extract the admittance matrix from the resulting equations.

thanks,
BTW, how can i represent Vy?...

i think Vx is just e2-e3, no?

erezb84 said:
thanks,
BTW, how can i represent Vy?...
What is the current through Ry?
i think Vx is just e2-e3, no?

Why, yes it is. Well spotted :approve:

oh..
the currnt is alpha*Vx, so the volage Vy= alpha*Vx*Ry?

erezb84 said:
oh..
the currnt is alpha*Vx, so the volage Vy= alpha*Vx*Ry?

Yup.

great! thanks alot!

1. How do I solve a circuit with dependent sources using the admittance matrix method?

To solve a circuit with dependent sources using the admittance matrix method, you will need to create a matrix equation using the admittance values of the circuit components. The dependent source should be represented by a variable in the matrix equation. Once the matrix equation is set up, you can use the standard techniques of solving linear equations to find the values of the variables and solve the circuit.

2. What are the advantages of using the admittance matrix method to solve circuits with dependent sources?

The admittance matrix method is advantageous because it allows for a systematic and organized approach to solving circuits with dependent sources. It also eliminates the need for using different methods for different types of dependent sources, as all the sources can be represented by variables in the matrix equation.

3. Can I use the admittance matrix method for circuits with multiple dependent sources?

Yes, the admittance matrix method can be used for circuits with multiple dependent sources. You will need to create a matrix equation with a variable for each dependent source, and then use standard techniques to solve for the values of these variables.

4. Are there any limitations to using the admittance matrix method for solving circuits with dependent sources?

The admittance matrix method may become more complex and time-consuming for circuits with a large number of dependent sources. In such cases, it may be more efficient to use other methods such as nodal analysis or mesh analysis.

5. Can I use the admittance matrix method for circuits with both dependent and independent sources?

Yes, the admittance matrix method can be used for circuits with both dependent and independent sources. The independent sources can be treated as fixed voltages or currents in the matrix equation, while the dependent sources are represented by variables.