How Can We Streamline Homework Questions in the Physics Section?

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
In summary, Integral and Doc Al think that the Homework section should be moved to the top of the Physics section so that only idiots post in the Physics section.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Here's a question for Integral and Doc Al : do you ever get tired of having to move all the homework-type questions out of the Physics section and into the Homework section?

It seems that every morning, I have to wade through tons of homework questions in the physics sections before I find something interesting to read. It's annoying, but then again, I have a rather low threshold for these things. It would be fine if they're meant to go there, but we obviously have a Homework zone section meant exactly for these things. So the question is, are these people oblivious to the existence of the Homework help section (some people even post repeatedly to the wrong section even when they have seen their homework questions moved)?

My suggestion is to move the Science Education Zone section to the very TOP of the PF list, even ahead of the Physics section. That way, only a total imbecile will miss it and still post in the Physics section - which means that person has bigger problems to deal with than just not being able to do a physics homework! :)

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
ZapperZ said:
Here's a question for Integral and Doc Al : do you ever get tired of having to move all the homework-type questions out of the Physics section and into the Homework section?
Tell me about it! :cry: :yuck:

My suggestion is to move the Science Education Zone section to the very TOP of the PF list, even ahead of the Physics section. That way, only a total imbecile will miss it and still post in the Physics section - which means that person has bigger problems to deal with than just not being able to do a physics homework! :)
The mentors & admins have discussed this before and I'm pretty sure all thought it would make sense. Somehow it fell off the plate of things to do. Thanks for the reminder, Zz!

It came up a few times, but nothing ever became of it. I supported it every time it came up, especially when I was the Homework Help Mentor. I kept having to notify each new member that they should be putting their threads at the bottom of the page, where they never looked because they found an appropriate Physics or Math Forum for their question before they ever got there.

i think the move of the forums is a good one, hopefully you mentors shouldn't have too much work to do now.

1. What is the "Move Science Education Zone"?

The "Move Science Education Zone" is an interactive, educational platform designed to engage students in learning about various scientific topics through hands-on activities, experiments, and games.

2. Who can use the "Move Science Education Zone"?

The "Move Science Education Zone" is designed for students of all ages, from elementary school to high school. It can be used by teachers, parents, and students in both classroom and home settings.

3. What subjects are covered in the "Move Science Education Zone"?

The "Move Science Education Zone" covers a wide range of scientific subjects, including biology, chemistry, physics, earth science, and more. Each subject is broken down into specific topics and activities for a comprehensive learning experience.

4. How does the "Move Science Education Zone" make learning fun?

The "Move Science Education Zone" incorporates interactive and engaging activities, games, and experiments to make learning about science more enjoyable and memorable for students. By using a hands-on approach, students can see the practical application of scientific concepts and have fun while learning.

5. Is the "Move Science Education Zone" aligned with educational standards?

Yes, the "Move Science Education Zone" is aligned with educational standards for science education in various grade levels. It provides a structured and organized way for students to learn and meet the necessary learning objectives for their grade level.