Need High School Calculus Based Physics Text

In summary, the department is looking for a Calculus-based high school physics text for AP Physics students. Some suggested options include Halliday, Resnick, and Walker's Fundamentals of Physics, which has been recommended by multiple sources.
gbodor
My department is seeking some leads for a good high school physics text that can be used for our AP Physics students. We are looking for something therefore that would be Calculus based. Do any of you have any good leads on this topic?

Thank you!
gb

Science news on Phys.org
Halliday, Resnick, Walker: Fundamentals of Physics is always good.

Thank you! I have heard this text referred to before. I will take a look.

Gari

+1 to Halliday, Resnick and Walker.

Im not familiar with the level of AP Physics (Im from Australia), but when i was in high school i hated the prescribed textbook so i used Halliday instead and found it to be very good.

1. What is the difference between high school calculus-based physics and regular physics?

The main difference between these two types of physics is the incorporation of calculus in the former. High school calculus-based physics covers the same topics as regular physics, such as mechanics, electricity and magnetism, and thermodynamics, but uses calculus to derive and solve equations and understand more complex concepts.

2. Why is it important to study calculus-based physics in high school?

Studying high school calculus-based physics provides a strong foundation for understanding advanced physics concepts in college. It also helps develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, which are valuable in many fields and careers.

3. Do I need to have taken calculus before studying high school calculus-based physics?

No, it is not necessary to have taken calculus before studying high school calculus-based physics. However, a strong understanding of algebra and basic trigonometry is recommended as these concepts are used extensively in calculus-based physics.

4. How can I prepare for high school calculus-based physics?

To prepare for high school calculus-based physics, it is helpful to review algebra and basic trigonometry concepts. It is also beneficial to practice solving physics problems and familiarize yourself with the formulas and equations used in the subject.

5. What resources are available for studying high school calculus-based physics?

There are many resources available for studying high school calculus-based physics, including textbooks, study guides, online tutorials and videos, and practice problems. Your school or local library may also have resources available for borrowing.