FBD for Newton's Law of Motion Problem

In summary, the conversation involves a discussion on a physics problem involving two blocks connected by a string and a force being applied to one of the blocks. The equation of FBD is mentioned and the person is seeking guidance on how to approach the problem. The summary ends with a statement about the person's preference for using equations in solving physics problems.
VaioZ

Homework Statement

In the figure, block 1 of mass m1 = 1.8 kg and block 2 of mass m2 = 1.4 kg are connected by a string of negligible mass. Block 2 is pushed by force Upper F Overscript right-arrow EndScripts of magnitude 18 N and angle θ = 34°. The coefficient of kinetic friction between each block and the horizontal surface is 0.16. What is the tension in the string?

Homework Equations

FBD

The Attempt at a Solution

0w4RNPn.png

This is my FBD(Is this right?)

I want to do it step by step..
my first thoughts it will be
T1-f=0 -> T1=f (block m1) but I don't know if this right can someone guide me to this question

Thank you and God bless!
[/B]

Physics news on Phys.org
Why don't you start with the equations. I prefer doing physics with actual math.

So far so good...sine and cosine for the right!

Isaac0427 said:
Why don't you start with the equations. I prefer doing physics with actual math.

Okayyy but I got used to using FBD then proceed to do equations. But my problem is I don't know if my FBD is right

Related to FBD for Newton's Law of Motion Problem

What is Newton's Law of Motion?

Newton's Law of Motion, also known as the three laws of motion, are a set of principles that explain the behavior of objects in motion. These laws were developed by Sir Isaac Newton in the 17th century and are considered to be the foundation of classical mechanics.

What are the three laws of motion?

The first law states that an object at rest will remain at rest and an object in motion will continue in motion at a constant velocity unless acted upon by an external force. The second law states that the acceleration of an object is directly proportional to the net force applied to it and inversely proportional to its mass. The third law states that for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

How do these laws apply to everyday life?

These laws can be observed in many everyday situations. For example, when a car comes to a sudden stop, the passengers continue to move forward due to the first law until they are stopped by the seatbelt. The second law can be seen when pushing a shopping cart - the harder you push, the faster it accelerates. The third law can be seen when jumping off a diving board - the person exerts a force on the board, and the board exerts an equal and opposite force, propelling the person into the air.

What is the significance of Newton's Law of Motion?

Newton's Law of Motion is significant because it explains the fundamental principles of motion and how objects interact with each other. These laws have been used to develop many technological advancements, such as airplanes and rockets, and are essential in fields such as engineering and physics.

Are there any limitations to Newton's Law of Motion?

While Newton's Law of Motion is a fundamental concept, it has some limitations. These laws do not apply to objects moving at speeds close to the speed of light, and they do not take into account the effects of gravity on very large objects, such as planets and stars. They also assume that there is no air resistance, which may not be the case in real-world scenarios.