Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Norske, anyone?

1. Nov 27, 2015 #1

BiGyElLoWhAt

Gold Member

I am looking for a good book to brute force my way through in Norwegian. I'm not looking for anything like Peace and War, or whatever, just a nice fantasy/SciFi book to read. One that I was looking at was Vindens Navn, it seemed pretty neat, but the best I could find (amazon) was an audio book download. I suppose it was free, so I can't complain about that.

Something, maybe, a little dark. Something interesting, and also not too terribly difficult. I'm going to read it in front of my computer with Google Oversetter up.

This question is mainly to Norwegian speakers, but anyone with suggestions, I welcome you.
    Takk!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 27, 2015 #2

BiGyElLoWhAt

Gold Member

Also, to add, Nynorske would be preferable, but I'd be almost as happy with a good book in bokmål.

4. Nov 27, 2015 #3

BiGyElLoWhAt

Gold Member

Dang, so if you use google.no, you can find it on Bazarforlag.no, but it's 399 KR ~$45...
    Also, preferably ~$20 or equivalent XD

5. Nov 29, 2015 #4
    Den siste nattkrigeren, if you can get hold of it.

6. Nov 29, 2015 #5

BiGyElLoWhAt

Gold Member

It doesn't seem to want to be bought.

Edit* nevermind, I need to get better about using google.no for stuff like this. 335KR, though.

7. Nov 30, 2015 #6
    Yeah, I think most Norwegian books will be expensive due to a few publishers having a stranglehold on most of the business. And few readers per author.

But there is free legal digital scan of the book here http://www.nb.no/nbsok/nb/6df08bb0b2cc088e6e400bebca76ace1?index=4#0

I realised you needed a Norwegian IP to view the page though, if that is a problem

8. Nov 30, 2015 #7

BiGyElLoWhAt

Gold Member

Proxies haha

9. Dec 1, 2015 #8
    The classic Peer Gynt is also really good, if you are of a existential bent.

There is at least 100 000 books and radioplays on the page. bokhylla.no (annoying to make link on tablet)

10. Dec 1, 2015 #9

BiGyElLoWhAt

Gold Member

That's awesome! I'll have to check that out.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook