Solving an Electrical Circuit: Find Vo and Vb

In summary: So the current in the 60k is not necessarily 0.In summary, the conversation discusses using two rules to solve for current and voltage in a circuit, including applying KCL and solving for Vo. The second part involves finding the range for Vb to satisfy a given condition.
hani114

Homework Statement

everything is attached in the image below

Homework Equations

Ip=In=0 Vp=Vn

The Attempt at a Solution

i used the two rules that vp=vn & ip=in=0

so i tink no current flows in Vc & Vd and the 60kohm resistor.. as for Va & Vb we apply kcl on the input voltage node and solve for Vo

current in Va is Ia and so forth.. and current in 375kohm(Re) resistor is Ie

so Ia + Ib + Ie = 0
Va/Ra + Vb/Rb + Vo/Re = 0
so we calculate Vo from that

for the second part we need to calculate the range for Vb so that -20<Vo<20
so i think we have to put Vo in terms of Vb and replace that in the range so that we get Vb

can anyone help me with this? it's late now and that's the best i can do..

Attachments

• prob.jpg
    prob.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 422
Physics news on Phys.org
hani114 said:
so i tink no current flows in Vc & Vd and the 60kohm resistor.. as for Va & Vb we apply kcl on the input voltage node and solve for Vo

Since the 60k is connected to ground, current can flow in from the Vc and Vd sources without going through the + pin on the op-amp.

I appreciate your effort in attempting to solve this electrical circuit problem. It seems like you have a good understanding of the basic principles and equations involved. However, I would suggest double-checking your calculations and making sure you have accounted for all of the components and their values correctly.

In order to solve for Vo and Vb, you can use Kirchhoff's laws and Ohm's law to set up a system of equations and solve for the unknown variables. It may also be helpful to redraw the circuit and label all of the components and their values for a clearer understanding.

As for the second part of the problem, you are on the right track by trying to express Vo in terms of Vb. This will allow you to determine the range of values for Vb that will result in a Vo within the given range. Keep in mind that you may need to use algebraic manipulations to rearrange the equations and isolate Vb.

Overall, my advice would be to carefully review your calculations and equations and seek assistance from a classmate or instructor if needed. Electrical circuit problems can be tricky, but with practice and attention to detail, you can successfully solve them.

1. What is an electrical circuit?

An electrical circuit is a closed loop of conductive materials that allows electric current to flow through it. It typically consists of a power source, such as a battery, wires, and various components such as resistors, capacitors, and switches.

2. How do I solve for Vo and Vb in an electrical circuit?

To solve for Vo and Vb in an electrical circuit, you will need to use Kirchhoff's voltage law (KVL) and Ohm's law. KVL states that the sum of the voltage drops in a closed loop must equal the energy supplied by the power source. Ohm's law states that the voltage (V) across a resistor is equal to the current (I) flowing through it multiplied by its resistance (R). By using these equations and analyzing the circuit, you can solve for Vo and Vb.

3. What are some common mistakes when solving an electrical circuit?

Some common mistakes when solving an electrical circuit include not properly applying KVL or Ohm's law, incorrect calculations, and forgetting to account for the direction of current flow. It is important to double check your work and ensure that you have correctly identified all components and their values in the circuit.

4. Can I use any method to solve an electrical circuit?

While there are various methods for solving an electrical circuit, it is important to use a systematic approach and follow the principles of circuit analysis, such as KVL and Ohm's law. Some methods may be more efficient or suitable for certain types of circuits, but ultimately the same principles apply.

5. How can I check my solution for Vo and Vb?

You can check your solution for Vo and Vb by using a multimeter to measure the voltage at those points in the circuit. If the values match your calculated solution, then you have solved the circuit correctly. It is also helpful to check for the conservation of energy, meaning the sum of the voltage drops must equal the energy supplied by the power source.