Operational Amplifier key parameters

In summary, the conversation discusses the key parameters used to describe a non-ideal Op-Amp and the limiting values of these parameters in the ideal limit. The mentor also reminds the poster to show their work before requesting help and suggests considering a variety of op amp specifications depending on the application.
nobodyhere
Homework Statement
I'm wondering what are the two key parameters used to describe a non-ideal Op-Amp? And what are the limiting values of these two parameters in the ideal limit?
Relevant Equations
-
<< Mentor Note -- new poster has been reminded to show their work on schoolwork-type problems >>

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
nobodyhere said:
Homework Statement: I'm wondering what are the two key parameters used to describe a non-ideal Op-Amp? And what are the limiting values of these two parameters in the ideal limit?
Homework Equations: -

-
I can think at least a handful of parameters. Why stop at 2?

Per the forum guidelines (https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/homework-help-guidelines-for-students-and-helpers.686781/) you have to show your work before we can give you help.

So what are your thoughts on Op-Amps?

(Also you might want to re-phrase your last question. I don't understand what you're asking there.)

Depends on the applicatio. I can think of at least a dozen op amp specs. All are important depending on the application.

Likes collinsmark

What is an operational amplifier?

An operational amplifier, also known as an op-amp, is an electronic device that amplifies the difference between two input voltages. It is primarily used in circuit designs to perform mathematical operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.

What are the key parameters of an operational amplifier?

The key parameters of an operational amplifier include gain, input and output impedance, bandwidth, slew rate, and offset voltage. These parameters determine the performance and limitations of the op-amp in a circuit.

What is gain in an operational amplifier?

Gain, also known as amplification, is the ratio of the output voltage to the input voltage. It is typically measured in decibels (dB) and determines the level of amplification an op-amp can provide.

What is input and output impedance in an operational amplifier?

Input impedance is the resistance that an op-amp offers to the input signal, while output impedance is the resistance that the op-amp presents to the output signal. These parameters affect the accuracy of the input and output signals in a circuit.

How does bandwidth affect the performance of an operational amplifier?

Bandwidth is the frequency range in which an op-amp can amplify signals without distortion. A wider bandwidth allows for a larger range of frequencies to be amplified accurately, while a narrower bandwidth can result in signal distortion.