Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
  • #1,716
Don't know if there is someone working for Merck here, I'm having an interview with Merck next week. Maybe I will fail :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,718
collinsmark said:
I had a bunch of x-rays taken of me today. 'More than I've had taken before in any other single day. And maybe more than all the previous days combined.*

*(By that I mean intentional, artificially induced x-rays, not background radiation.)**

**(Background radiation is underestimated by most people that don't know about the subject. Did you know that if you were standing outside the fence of Three Mile Island during the accident in 1979 you would have received about a comparable amount of radiation as simply living in Colorado for a year?)***

***(I think I received more than that today unless technology in the subject has improved a lot since the last time I checked.)

***(Egad! [For anybody living in Colorado: Nothing to worry about. You'll be fine.])
Sorry you're not feeling well. Let us know the results.

• #1,721
Just got my flu shot. Ouch.

• #1,722
I haven't had a flu shot for over 20 years. I would rather have the flu than spend days suffering from the fragrance chemicals that all doctors' subject me to.

• #1,723
I'm going next week to get my flu shot. They have those new injections that barely penetrate the skin. Don't know if my doctor has them yet though. I might just swing by the pharmacy and get one. Actually, my grocery store is giving them.

• #1,724
Yesterday the weather channel was predicting gloom and doom for Saturday with the most dangerous storm to hit this part of the country all year. Today, forecast for Saturday is sunny and mild.

• #1,725
I've been noticing a lot of high powered thought from newbies in "General Physics".

Maybe shutting down the gubment once in awhile is a good idea.

I like these newly unemployed "rocket scientist" PF kids.

• #1,726
Filling up the air in your tires makes a big difference.

• #1,727
zoobyshoe said:

It does.

• #1,728
zoobyshoe said:

That reminds me that mine have been looking a bit flat. It's time to whip out the $2 plastic pressure gauge.

I also, within the last week, bought a new pair of windshield wipers, which has turned me into a giddy school-girl every time it rains or condensates on my car.

• #1,729
AnTiFreeze3 said:
That reminds me that mine have been looking a bit flat. It's time to whip out the $2 plastic pressure gauge.

I also, within the last week, bought a new pair of windshield wipers, which has turned me into a giddy school-girl every time it rains or condensates on my car.
I know what you mean. My truck steers so much more easily now, I feel like I'm driving a whole different vehicle. I hadn't topped the air off in, like, 6 months.

• #1,730
I was going through my keys on my key ring because I no longer remember what many are for. I found one marked USPS - US Postal Service. After thinking long and hard about this, I determined that this must have been my mail key for an apartment in Los Angeles, almost 30 years ago! :smile: I know it must have been on my key ring for a minimum of 23 years.

• #1,731
Ivan Seeking said:
I was going through my keys on my key ring because I no longer remember what many are for. I found one marked USPS - US Postal Service. After thinking long and hard about this, I determined that this must have been my mail key for an apartment in Los Angeles, almost 30 years ago! :smile: I know it must have been on my key ring for a minimum of 23 years.

That's awesome. I have some on there that I refuse to get rid of, since clearly, as soon as I do so, I will find out what its for and need it.

-Dave K

• #1,732
I am trying to convert a very boring powerpoint file (with audio) to .wmv so I can watch it at an increased speed. So far the conversion has taken several hours.

• #1,733
Alan Watts - What do you want?

It relates to the question - Who are you? or from one's point of view "Who am I?"

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #1,734
Astronuc said:
Alan Watts - What do you want?

It relates to the question - Who are you? or from one's point of view "Who am I?"

Man, I went through a huge Watts phase years ago. Still good to listen to.

• #1,735
:cool:

woJeJbz.gif

• #1,736
Oh wow :!), how many sinusoidal motion are there?

• #1,737
Ah! I just learned that today is Neil deGrasse Tyson's birthday.

Happy birthday Neil!

• #1,738
Enigman said:
Thence my answer hark
In the wretched dark
At midnight in the park
Beneath the sleeping lark
doth the wig lurk.

(can't fit in shark...)
:smile: That's really good tho. Zooby writes good poetry too.
lisab said:

woJeJbz.gif
This is really cool. All those balls going back and forth on their respective lines like that :biggrin:
OmCheeto said:
Ah! I just learned that today is Neil deGrasse Tyson's birthday.

Happy birthday Neil!

:-O Happy Birthday Neil! Will you marry me? :biggrin:

• #1,739
lisab said:

woJeJbz.gif

Am I tripping O.O

• #1,740
Yes. You are.

• #1,741
Evo said:
In order to help with server load, we are splitting up the larger threads.

This is a continuation of the original Random Thoughts thread located here

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=338126

Let's rebel against this, every time you view this thread, also load up the original thread and refresh it a few times to add to server load.

:smile:

• #1,742
Urgh! I hate it when you HAVE to dial a number, and you expect to waste at least 20 minutes on the call. After dialing a series of extensions and a number of holds to end up with 'sorry, but the person you're trying to reach is not available. Please try again later'. URGHHHHHHH!

• #1,743
lisab said:

woJeJbz.gif
Very cool, lisab!

• #1,744
Gad said:
Urgh! I hate it when you HAVE to dial a number, and you expect to waste at least 20 minutes on the call. After dialing a series of extensions and a number of holds to end up with 'sorry, but the person you're trying to reach is not available. Please try again later'. URGHHHHHHH!
Then there's the ones that send you through a maze of questions only to finally be told that they're closed and to please call back during regular business hours.

• #1,745
My husband just reassured me that he is not looking for his Ken doll. Rather, he is looking for his Kindle.

• #1,746
Where are you Jimmy Snyder?

• #1,747
lisab said:
My husband just reassured me that he is not looking for his Ken doll. Rather, he is looking for his Kindle.

:smile: you have no idea how much I am laughing right now lolol

• #1,748
HeLiXe said:
:smile: you have no idea how much I am laughing right now lolol
:biggrin: seeing you laugh makes me laugh too (no specific reason, no offense, only laugh makes us happier and healthier bhuhahaha)

• #1,749
Somtimes I get to hate exams (although I don't hate them that much), what about you guys...?

• #1,750
Abhilash H N said:
Somtimes I get to hate exams (although I don't hate them that much), what about you guys...?
Are you testing us?