Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Phase transitions university classes

1. Nov 10, 2016 #1
    There's someting that I'd like to know and haven't been able to find in any book:

1.- Is the number of second order phase transition university classes known?

2.- Do we know quantitatively know the behavior of all such second order phase transition university classes?

3.- Do we know the university class the electroweak phase transition belongs to? I'm assuming, perhaps
    incorrectly, that this Universe phase transition was second order.

Any insight regarding any of these three questions will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Carlos.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 10, 2016 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

What do you mean by "university classes"? I recognize the term "second order phase transition" but not "second order phase transition university classes." A Google search for that phrase didn't find anything. Perhaps this is a problem with translation from Spanish (I guess)?

4. Nov 10, 2016 #3
    Hi there!

Thanks for the post. This is not a translation problem. Please, go to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase_transition and then to
    Critical exponents and universality classes. The subject is pretty well explained at the end of this section.

Thanks again,

Carlos.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted