1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Temperature Question

1. Jul 15, 2011 #1
    A particular temperature interval, as opposed to a particular temperature value is written (a) C°, (b) °C, (c) degrees celcius minus degrees celcius (d) it makes no difference.

I am unsure as to what the question is asking.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 15, 2011 #2

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  4. Jul 15, 2011 #3
    Ooops I forgot to type in the option for c. After reading the link above provided by a PF member It says that options a and b can both be used. Therefore the answer to this question is then D. Is this correct.

5. Jul 15, 2011 #4

Doc Al

It really depends on your instructor or textbook and how fussy they want to be. If you wanted to be as clear as possible, how would you write a temperature interval?

6. Jul 15, 2011 #5

Doc Al

Just to add: Since the question calls attention to a distinction between an interval and a temperature, I suspect they want you to choose which is most accurate. Otherwise why bring it up at all? (But see what your book says.)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook