Please explain this question to me (F2 field)

In summary, the conversation discusses questions about a system of equations, polynomial roots, and cube roots of complex numbers. The first question asks whether a system of equations has a certain number of solutions, to which the answer is false. The second question asks for the number of roots of a polynomial, which is 0. The third question asks for cube roots of a specific complex number, with the answer being sqrt(3)+i. The conversation also includes a clarification on the notation F2, which represents the field of two elements, and a discussion on how to check for cube roots.
Suy
Please explain these question to me ...

Homework Statement

1)A system of m equations over F2 in n
unknowns has exactly 2n−m solutions.
• A. True
• B. False
answer: false

2)How many roots x [tex]\in[/tex] F2 does the polynomial
x2+x+1 have?
answer:0

3)Which of the following is a cube root of 8i? (Choose all correct answer)
A. sqrt(3)−i
B. −sqrt(3)−i
C. sqrt(3)+i
D. −2i
E. −sqrt(3)+i
answer: sqrt(3)+i( i think there is more?)

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I have the answer, but I don't understand
also, those stuff is not in my textbook and the prof didn't give much example
... please help

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

Let's start the second and third questions, since they're more straightforward. For b, there are only two possible roots that you can check don't work. Do you know how to do this?

For c, can you just check whether each option is a cube root of 8i directly?

"b" you mean question 2?
No ,I have no clue... I don't know to cube root i...
The third question answer is come from wolfram..
By checking, Do you mean i cube every answer to see if it is equal 8i?
actually,I don't understand what's F2 is ...

Last edited:

Right, by b I meant the second question and c the third question

F2 is just the field of two elements. It's the same thing as [tex]\mathbb{Z}/2\mathbb{Z}[/tex], the integers modulo 2.

If x is a cube root of 8i, then x3=8i. So can you check whether the five options given are cube roots of 8i?

answer is C,D,E, but is there a easy way to do it??
for question 2, I know there is no solution, but the question say x [tex]\in[/tex] F2 confused me
And what about question 1 please help me

edit:

If z/2z, is that mean (x+iy)/(2(x+iy))?
Thank you so much!

Last edited:

1. What is the F2 field?

The F2 field, also known as the Forward 2 field, is a specific field in the study of genetics. It refers to the second generation of offspring produced by a genetic cross between two parents. This field is important in understanding the inheritance of traits and the effects of genetic variation.

2. How is the F2 field used in genetics research?

The F2 field is used in genetics research to study the inheritance patterns of traits and the role of genetic variation in these patterns. By analyzing the characteristics of the second generation offspring, researchers can better understand how genetic traits are passed down and how they may be affected by environmental factors.

3. What is the significance of the F2 field in genetic studies?

The F2 field is significant because it allows researchers to study the effects of genetic variation and the inheritance of traits in a controlled setting. By controlling the genetic makeup of the parents and observing the characteristics of the second generation, researchers can make important discoveries about the role of genetics in various biological processes.

4. How does the F2 field relate to other fields of genetics?

The F2 field is closely related to other fields of genetics, such as the F1 field (first generation offspring) and the F3 field (third generation offspring). These fields all contribute to our understanding of genetic inheritance and the role of genetic variation in biological processes. The F2 field is also connected to fields such as population genetics and evolutionary biology.

5. Are there any limitations to the F2 field?

Like any field of science, the F2 field has its limitations. One limitation is that it only considers the effects of genetic variation on traits in a controlled setting, and may not fully reflect the complexity of genetic traits in a natural environment. Additionally, the F2 field does not take into account epigenetic factors that may also influence the expression of traits. However, the F2 field remains an important tool in genetics research and has contributed to many important discoveries in the field.