Practice Problems Confused on what equations to use

In summary, it is important to draw a diagram showing all the forces for each problem. There are no specific equations to use, but you may need to use trigonometric functions to determine the components of the forces in each direction.
vballkatie22
Practice Problems! Confused on what equations to use!

Homework Statement

Question 1: Calculate the angle of banking of a curve 200m in radius in order hat traffic moving at 70 km/h may round the curve without depending on friction.

Homework Equations

Don't know

Homework Statement

Question 2: An airplane is gliding in a direction 10 degrees downward from the horizontal. Three forces act upon it: its weight of 10,000N; the lift, perpendicular to the direction of motion; and the drag of air friction, opposite to the direction of motion. Assume the plane moves with constant speed and compute the value of the lift.

Homework Equations

Don't know

Homework Statement

Question 3: A 40kg block is place on a level table and a rope is fastened to it which passes horizontally to a pulley at the edge of the table and thence extends downward to a 1.5kg block suspended from the other end. Neglecting friction, calculate the acceleration and direction of the moving blocks.

Homework Equations

Don't know

Physics news on Phys.org

The first thing to do for each of them is to draw a diagram showing all the forces.

mgb_phys said:
The first thing to do for each of them is to draw a diagram showing all the forces.

Ok. After that what do I do?

I am trying to figure out what equations to use!

There are no equations as such, you will just have a bunch of forces and angles - the most you will have to do is work out what the component of the forces are in each direction. All you will need is sin and/or cos.

1. What are practice problems and why are they important?

Practice problems are exercises or questions that are designed to help individuals develop their skills and understanding in a particular subject. They are important because they allow individuals to apply their knowledge and identify areas where they may need further practice or clarification.

2. How do I know which equations to use in practice problems?

The equations to use in practice problems will depend on the type of problem you are trying to solve. It is important to carefully read and understand the problem before attempting to use an equation. If you are still unsure, consult your textbook or seek guidance from a teacher or tutor.

3. What should I do if I am still confused about which equations to use?

If you are still confused about which equations to use, try breaking down the problem into smaller parts and identify the variables and information given. You can also ask for help from a teacher, tutor, or classmate. Practice and repetition can also help improve your understanding of which equations to use in different situations.

4. How can I improve my problem-solving skills for practice problems?

Improving problem-solving skills for practice problems takes practice and patience. Start by understanding the concepts and equations, and then try solving problems on your own without looking at the solution. If you get stuck, refer back to your notes or textbook and try again. As you continue to practice, you will become more confident and efficient in solving practice problems.

5. Are there any resources available to help with practice problems?

Yes, there are many resources available to help with practice problems. Your textbook, class notes, and online tutorials are all great resources to use. You can also seek help from a teacher, tutor, or classmate. Additionally, there are many practice problem worksheets and websites that provide a variety of practice problems for different subjects and skill levels.