1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pressure & Hydrostatic Pressure

1. Mar 21, 2016 #1
    Hello, I would like somebody to help me with few simple questions for my homework. I did try to solve them but I failed at few of them. Here are the two papers I need to help with. I need help with the highlighted excerises. I tried some basic formulas for pressure and hyrdostatic pressure but as I said I failed a lot. May you guys please explain how can I achieve the result on these exercises. On the page with exercises 11) 12) and 13) Could you please explain i depth the 12 and 13? If you cant read the exercise just skip it. I would like to thank you in advance.

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    12422294_1116618255036929_1761668000_o.jpg

12887368_1116619031703518_2106543134_o.jpg
    2. Relevant equations

Well I tried to work with
    P = H ⋅ ρ ⋅ g
    also I tried for the stone 13)
    V = (m ⋅ S) : ρ (of the stone)

3. The attempt at a solution

I would like to apologise for not posting my attempts as it is just mess on my paper. I tried using these formulas but did not help. I was only given these. Cant really figure out much.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 21, 2016 #2

haruspex

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Please post an attempt by typing it in. Use LaTeX if you can, or just use the superscript, subscript and special character (Σ) buttons above.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted