Question(Digital logic design)

In summary, to implement a circuit with NAND and NOR gates, one can use De Morgan's Law and other principles from Boolean Algebra to convert a logic diagram already implemented with AND and OR gates.
DirectCurrent
Hi all,:cool:

how do we implement any given circuit with the help of NAND and NOR gates??

Engineering news on Phys.org
DirectCurrent said:
Hi all,:cool:

how do we implement any given circuit with the help of NAND and NOR gates??

Truth table, Karnaugh map, reduced SOP form equation, gates.

hi,

Sorry i didn't cleared my question.. I am feeling stupid..

Actually i wanted to ask that if a logic diagram is already implemented with AND and OR gates, then how to convert it or implement it with Nand and Nor gates??

DirectCurrent said:
Actually i wanted to ask that if a logic diagram is already implemented with AND and OR gates, then how to convert it or implement it with Nand and Nor gates??
You use De Morgan's Law and principals like double negation to translate one into another. Boolean Algebra has some more info.

1. What is digital logic design?

Digital logic design is the process of creating digital circuits using basic logic gates, such as AND, OR, and NOT gates. It involves designing and implementing logical functions and circuits to perform specific tasks, such as data processing and control in computers and other electronic devices.

2. What are the basic components of digital logic design?

The basic components of digital logic design are logic gates, which are electronic devices that perform logical operations on one or more binary inputs to produce a binary output. These gates can be combined to create more complex circuits and systems.

3. How is digital logic design used in real-world applications?

Digital logic design is used in a wide range of real-world applications, including computer systems, communication systems, and consumer electronics. It is also used in industrial control systems, medical equipment, and automotive systems.

4. What are the different types of digital logic design?

There are several types of digital logic design, including combinational logic design, sequential logic design, and programmable logic design. Combinational logic design involves creating circuits that perform a specific logic function based on the current input. Sequential logic design involves creating circuits that have memory and can store data. Programmable logic design involves using programmable devices, such as field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), to create custom logic circuits.

5. What are the key principles of digital logic design?

The key principles of digital logic design include Boolean algebra, which is used to represent and manipulate logical expressions, and Karnaugh maps, which are graphical tools used to simplify logical expressions. Other important principles include timing analysis, noise immunity, and power consumption optimization.