Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Refraction: Ray Diagrams

1. Sep 13, 2007 #1
    Hey guys I'm new here and I'm lookin' for some help as I'm sure a lot of you come here for that reason as well. I did an experiment where I fill a 150 mL half full, place a pencil in the middle and move it sideways until it reaches the side of the beaker. Then I am to draw a ray diagram of what I saw. I know the pen refracts but I have no idea how to put that into a ray diagram. Could someone provide an example for me so I can get a better understanding? Sorry if this is in the wrong section, and thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 13, 2007 #2
    Try visualizing what you are trying to describe to us (put yourself in our perspective), then reply with a less ambiguous description of the process you are attempting to explain. In the bargain you may answer your own question.

4. Sep 13, 2007 #3
    Thanks for that little thing you did there. I actually did it myself! But thanks for taking the time to read this and reply! = D

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?