1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Refraction: Ray Diagrams

1. Sep 13, 2007 #1
    Hey guys I'm new here and I'm lookin' for some help as I'm sure a lot of you come here for that reason as well. I did an experiment where I fill a 150 mL half full, place a pencil in the middle and move it sideways until it reaches the side of the beaker. Then I am to draw a ray diagram of what I saw. I know the pen refracts but I have no idea how to put that into a ray diagram. Could someone provide an example for me so I can get a better understanding? Sorry if this is in the wrong section, and thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 13, 2007 #2
    Try visualizing what you are trying to describe to us (put yourself in our perspective), then reply with a less ambiguous description of the process you are attempting to explain. In the bargain you may answer your own question.

4. Sep 13, 2007 #3
    Thanks for that little thing you did there. I actually did it myself! But thanks for taking the time to read this and reply! = D

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?