RLC Circuit Question For final exam

In summary, the conversation discusses the task of writing equations to determine the currents i1, i2, and I in a circuit, without actually solving the equations. It also asks for the current I at the instant the battery is turned on and after a sufficient amount of time has passed. The given equations include i1+i2=I, dq/dt=i1, and the need to consider capacitors and inductance. The student has attempted to use Kirchhoff's rule and has shared their work, but still needs help with questions b and c.
Hapusss

Homework Statement

[/B]
(a) Write down sucient number of equations to determine all the
currents i1, i2 and I (you do not need to solve the equations)
(b) At the instant the battery is turned on, what is the current I
running through the circuit?
(c) After waiting for a suciently long time after the battery is turned
on, what is the current I running through the circuit?
Adsız.png

Homework Equations

i get 4 equation. You can get them down of the page

The Attempt at a Solution

To start, I pick 2 ways and i tried kirchhoff rule and for current i1+i2=I. dq/dt=i1 these are my prediction. İf u have a look my work upload at down, u ll understand my solution attempt.[/B]

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Hap, :welcome:

Not a very good start. What does the relevant equation stand for ?
How about checking with your notes or textbook to find what equation describes a capacitor ? Idem inductance ?

Did you check the PF guidelines ? 'Don't know where to start' kind of isn't good enough...

I tried to get quick response but it didnt work so i tried somethings. Here is some works but i can't get question b and c. Maybe i can get little bit help from you guys.

For 2nd equation: there should be mines V.

IMG_5434.JPG

1. What is an RLC circuit?

An RLC circuit is a type of electrical circuit that contains three components: a resistor (R), an inductor (L), and a capacitor (C). These components are connected in series or in parallel, and the circuit is powered by an alternating current (AC) source. The name RLC comes from the symbols used to represent these components in a circuit diagram.

2. How does an RLC circuit work?

In an RLC circuit, the resistor, inductor, and capacitor work together to control the flow of electric current. The resistor limits the current, the inductor stores energy in the form of a magnetic field, and the capacitor stores energy in the form of an electric field. The alternating current from the power source causes the components to constantly exchange energy, resulting in oscillations in the circuit.

3. What is resonance in an RLC circuit?

Resonance in an RLC circuit occurs when the frequency of the alternating current matches the natural frequency of the circuit. This causes the circuit to oscillate with maximum amplitude, meaning that the voltage and current in the circuit are at their highest levels. Resonance can be used in applications such as radio communication and tuning circuits.

4. How do you calculate the resonant frequency of an RLC circuit?

The resonant frequency of an RLC circuit can be calculated using the formula f0 = 1/2π√(LC), where f0 is the resonant frequency, L is the inductance in henries, and C is the capacitance in farads. This formula assumes that the resistance in the circuit is negligible. If there is significant resistance, the resonant frequency can be approximated using f0 = 1/2π√(L(C+R)), where R is the resistance in ohms.

5. What are some real-world applications of RLC circuits?

RLC circuits have a wide range of applications in electronics, including in radios, television sets, and filtering circuits. They are also used in electrical power systems to control voltage and current. In addition, RLC circuits are used in medical equipment such as electrocardiograms (ECGs) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machines.