Rotation angle measurement of pedal with ball and socket joint

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 4K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello guys,

I found three inclinometer sensors with the resolution and accuracy required.
the only problem is the weight, which I think can be solved if using the chip without the housing,

I wonder if you have come across these sensors so I can get your feedback.

https://www.gsglobalresources.com/products/control...

Thanks,
 
3-axis accelerometers are used in a range of things from aircraft navigation equipment to cell phones.

Sensitivity is often shown as resolution in mG where your ±0.25° translates to 4.4mG, where G is the acceleration of Gravity at the Earths surface.

Here is a link to one source of low cost ones. The drawback is they are just the packaged sensor itself, you have to supply all the electronics to use them. Prices range from USD $1.32 to $178.55 at this distributor, there are others.
https://www.mouser.com/Sensors/Motion-Position-Sensors/Accelerometers/_/N-axgd7?P=1ynyo5tZ1y9irx0Z1ykfg8jZ1yu25cjZ1y9k2dtZ1y9gw93Z1y96oa1Z1yoi99nZ1y8pyzaZ1yyfbu4Z1yoi9b7Z1yq2rrdZ1yq2rrbZ1yzuq36Z1yvt0viZ1yzv7ytZ1yyg66sZ1y9geabZ1yrhbd5Z1yzvsot

(above found with:
https://www.google.com/search?&q=tri+axis+accelerometer+sensor)

Cheers,
Tom