Shuttle Manual

• Thread starter Clausius2
  • Start date
Clausius2
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Anybody knows where can I download the Space Shuttle Reference Manual in PDF version?.

Any helps welcomed.

Answers and Replies

The Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Forum might give you better replies.

try google

drag
Science Advisor
Search the NASA site, I remember some general info on the JPL
site too.

Be careful man, the SS has many alarm systems and there're
few buyers to take it off you hands... :wink: :biggrin:

drag said:
Be careful man, the SS has many alarm systems and there're
few buyers to take it off you hands... :wink: :biggrin:

I wonder what the bluebook value of a slightly used (~100,000,000 km) but totally overhauled, early 80s model shuttle orbiter is. :tongue2:

Clausius2
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Nenad said:
try google

What a brainwave!!. But it was the first thing I did. It only showed me some sites with an online manual, and I would want to have it in paper.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Got a copy of the payload canister system, but hardcopy only.

Clausius2
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Thanks for your reply, but I think I'm going to keep on searching the complete one.

cepheid
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Honest question here...is this sort of information on the space shuttle really so widely available to just anybody ? I mean, sure it's not new technology. But if I can't find out the specs on a fighter jet (I'm assuming and hoping fervently that one can't), why should I be able to for the space shuttle?

Clausius2
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Arianespace post in their web the user's manual for Soyuz/TM and Ariane rockets, with a lot of technical information free to download. This kind of information is available depending on the politeness of the company. Perhaps in Europe we are less rude than NASA' secrets.

enigma
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Boeing and Lockheed both have payload planner's guides available online for the Delta 4-Heavy and Atlas-5 respectively. I think NASA may have pulled theirs because the Shuttle's future isn't known yet.

I have looked extensively over the last year and the best I found was the 1988 News Reference Manual online. It's not .pdf, but it does have a good deal of information.

Last edited:
Clausius2
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Thank you, sir.

cepheid said:
But if I can't find out the specs on a fighter jet (I'm assuming and hoping fervently that one can't), why should I be able to for the space shuttle?

Depends. Some of the older jets like the F-16 you can learn the specs, but it depends on the spec. Max range/speed, stealth, things like that are still classified. But you can, if you have a reason to know (like you are designing a widget to attach to the jet) be givin the specs.