Solution Pressure of Nitrogen Gas In Diesel Fuel

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
wolfego
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I have an application where I am bubbling N2 into diesel at the bottom of a storage tank to register the head pressure.

I want to calculate at what depth (head pressure) the nitrogen gas would go into solution instead of creating a bubble at the bottom of the tank. Could you explain or possibly provide an example as to how to make that calculation even if it is only an approximation?

Thanks,
Bernie
 
Physics news on Phys.org
It will depend on the fuel saturation - for a given pressure at some point diesel oil will be saturated and no more nitrogen will get dissolved, so you will see no bubbles first, but bubbles later. I suppose these things are tabelarized in some handbooks, but I have no idea where to look. My best idea is to go to library and to ask librarian.
 
Could anyone offer any more of an explanation as to how to calculate or estimate?