How to Find Angles in Equilibrium Equations?

In summary, when solving for reactions and forces in x and y directions, it is important to also consider angles and trigonometric identities for right triangles. Using these identities, such as sin, cos, and tan, can help in finding the necessary angles to write equilibrium equations.
ozgurakkas
I am studying statics and more precisely multi force members. I understand the process about solving how to find reactions and forces in x and y directions. However, I have a great tendency to confuse it when if comes to figuring out angles to write equilibrium equations.

Any help for me to clear out how to find angles on the attached figure?
Thank you.

Homework Statement

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• frame question.doc
    177.5 KB · Views: 164
Physics news on Phys.org

A good idea would be to start out with trigonometric identities for right triangles. :)

sinx=opposite/hyppotenusse
cosx=adjacent/hypotenuse
tanx=opposite/adjacent

that's all I need to find the angles. I am not sure why you have taken it too far.However, I appreciate your answer.

Thank you

Related to How to Find Angles in Equilibrium Equations?

1. What is a multi force member in statics?

A multi force member in statics is a structural element that is subjected to multiple forces at various points along its length. These forces can be either external forces acting on the member or internal forces resulting from the reaction to external forces on the member.

2. Why is it important to consider multi force members in statics?

Multi force members are important to consider in statics because they can affect the stability and strength of a structure. Neglecting to account for these forces can result in structural failure or inaccuracies in calculations.

3. How do you calculate the internal forces of a multi force member?

The internal forces of a multi force member can be calculated using the method of sections. This involves isolating a section of the member and analyzing the external and internal forces acting on that section to determine the internal forces.

4. What is the difference between a statically determinate and indeterminate multi force member?

A statically determinate multi force member is one in which the internal forces can be determined solely by using equations of static equilibrium. An indeterminate multi force member, on the other hand, requires additional information or equations to solve for the internal forces.

5. Can a multi force member have more than one point of zero internal force?

Yes, a multi force member can have multiple points of zero internal force. These points are known as points of contraflexure, and they occur when the internal bending moment changes direction along the length of the member.