Transfer-function form of OPAMP-circuit

• Engineering
  • Thread starter kasperrepsak
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Form
In summary, the opamp circuit has a 1st order lowpass filter. The transfer function is of the form H(f)=Uo/Us, where Uo is the open-loop output voltage and Us is the short-circuit input voltage. The equation can be written in the following form: H(f)=α(1+j(f/f1))/(1+j(f/f2)) where α is the alpha constant. If you want to solve for Z2, you can divide the nominator by (1+R2/R1) to get the desired form.
kasperrepsak
I am given an opamp circuit (noninverting opamp with 1st order lowpassfilter).
Please view the attachment for the circuit.
I have to show that the transfer function H(f)=Uo/Us is of the form:

H(f)=α( 1 + j(f/f1)) / ( 1 + j(f/f2))Using basic circuit analysis I came to the following (already checked that its correct) transfer function:

H(f)=Uo/Us= (R4/(R3+R4) ) x (R1 + Z2)/R1

Where Z2 is the equivalent impedance of the capacitor C2 in parallel with the resistor R2.

So: Z2 = R2/(jωCR2+1)

After substituting this into my transfer-function equation i can't get it into form they want me to. Again:
How can I get H(f)=Uo/Us= (R4/(R3+R4) ) x (R1 + Z2)/R1 with Z2 = R2/(jωCR2+1) in the following form:

H(f)=α( 1 + j(f/f1)) / ( 1 + j(f/f2))

I tried many times. I am pretty good at algebra but i just can't seem to grasp this one. Could someone please help me out? This is very important to me. If someone feels like something isn't clear then please write it,ill do anything to make it more clear.

Attachments

• noninverting.gif
    noninverting.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 484
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Combine Z2 and R1. Everything you did otherwise is A-OK. So just finish the algebra.

(I will give you the answer but you realize that if you're going to learn anything from this you have to finish the problerm yourself.)

Ans: a = R1R4/[(R3+R4)(R1+R2)],
f1 = w1/2pi where w1 = R1R2C/(R1+R2)
f2 = w2/2pi where w2 = R2C.

That assumes I did the math right myself! :tongue:

I've tried many times. I'll try again with your answers. Thank you :)

I can't .. :/ I have spent so much time on this problem already it's too much..

A teacher at my uni helped me out.. Your math is incorrect. For anyone trying to figure out this problem, when you end up with an extra term R2/R1, then just divide the whole nominator by (1+ R2/R1) and incorporate the (1 +R2/R1) into the alpha constant to get the desired form. : ) Thanks for the help rude man. :)

1. What is a transfer-function form of OPAMP-circuit?

The transfer-function form of an OPAMP-circuit is a mathematical representation of the relationship between the input and output signals of the circuit. It is commonly used to analyze the performance of an operational amplifier and determine its gain, bandwidth, and other key parameters.

2. How is the transfer function of an OPAMP-circuit derived?

The transfer function of an OPAMP-circuit is derived by analyzing the individual components and the feedback loop of the circuit using circuit analysis techniques such as Kirchhoff's laws and the ideal OPAMP assumptions. This results in a ratio of the output voltage to the input voltage, which is known as the transfer function.

3. What are the advantages of using the transfer-function form of an OPAMP-circuit?

One advantage of using the transfer-function form is that it allows for a simplified and systematic analysis of the circuit's behavior. It also provides a better understanding of how the input and output signals are related and allows for the prediction of the circuit's response to different input signals.

4. Can the transfer function of an OPAMP-circuit be modified?

Yes, the transfer function of an OPAMP-circuit can be modified by changing the values of the circuit components or by adding feedback elements. This can be done to achieve a specific gain, bandwidth, or other desired characteristics.

5. How is the transfer function of an OPAMP-circuit used in practical applications?

The transfer function of an OPAMP-circuit is used in practical applications to design and optimize the performance of operational amplifiers in various electronic devices. It is also used in control systems to analyze and improve the stability and response of the system.