1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Voltage drop Question

1. Aug 14, 2006 #1
    Hello Everyone, I am a High school student who would like for some of the senior members to take look at some of my workings and maybe help me out when I run into trouble.

I am presently out of school for the summer, 2 more years of high school, left where I hop to go to University to become an electrical Engineer...So I have picked up a Electrical Book at our local libary, and am doing the review questions, I have no Teacher or tutor, and am doing this on my own....I am a very strong understanding of this subject but I love to learn what I can....and the better I understand this the better i will do in University....Anyhow here is my question

Please download the attachment with my workings!!

Thnaks Wolf

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 14, 2006 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It would be very helpful if you posted a specific question in the thread, rather than referring people to a Word document.

- Warren

4. Aug 14, 2006 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I don't know where you got that question from, but you are not going to be working with an inductor with a value of thousands of Henries. Practical inductances range from nH to mH, with big ones in the 100mH range. Does this problem represent a real-word problem with something like a giant electromagnet in a plasma confinement system or something? BTW, it looked like you were using the correct approach to figure out the answer.

5. Aug 16, 2006 #4
    Yes I think that is the correct way, same way (with different equation) you can find out if Capacitor were connected instead of inductor.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?