What are some practical ideas for A-Level advancing physics coursework?

In summary, when deciding on a practical for A2 advancing physics coursework, it is helpful to look at the syllabus for topics that have associated experiments. Talking to a tutor can also provide insight into possible experiments. Good luck!
Steph191290
As part of my A2 advancing physics coursework i must decide on a pratical and plan and carry it out then write it up. Sounded easy at first but i cannot think of anything that would be interesting and easy to get decent results from. Any ideas or suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks Steph.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'd have a look at the syllabus and see if there are some topics that would have a good practical associated with them. It was a few years ago now but I seem to remember my practical was on resistivity. I am not familiar with the syllabus nowadays so I couldn't give any more suggestions.

Thanks, as stupid as it sounds that's the last place i would have looked lol.

Also having a chat with your tutor about what experiments could be possible is a very good idea. They will obviously have a better idea than me of what is required.

Good Luck! :smile:

Related to What are some practical ideas for A-Level advancing physics coursework?

1. What is A-Level Practical Coursework?

A-Level Practical Coursework is a type of coursework that is required for students in the United Kingdom who are taking their A-Levels. It involves conducting experiments, collecting data, and analyzing results in order to demonstrate practical skills and understanding of scientific concepts.

2. How is A-Level Practical Coursework assessed?

A-Level Practical Coursework is assessed through a combination of written reports and practical assessments. Students are required to submit written reports on their experiments, including their methodology, results, and conclusions. They are also evaluated on their ability to plan and carry out experiments, as well as their accuracy and attention to safety protocols.

3. What subjects require A-Level Practical Coursework?

A-Level Practical Coursework is typically required for science subjects such as Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. However, some non-science subjects, such as Geography and Psychology, may also have practical coursework components.

4. Can students choose their own experiments for A-Level Practical Coursework?

Yes, students are given some freedom to choose their own experiments for A-Level Practical Coursework. However, the experiments must align with the learning objectives for their specific subject and meet certain criteria set by the exam board.

5. How important is A-Level Practical Coursework for university admissions?

A-Level Practical Coursework is an important factor in university admissions for science-related courses. It demonstrates a student's practical skills and understanding of scientific concepts, which are highly valued by universities. However, it is not the only factor considered in admissions and universities may also take into account a student's academic grades and other qualifications.