Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is that on the thread status icon?

1. May 9, 2007 #1
    looks like a cartoon bomb? one more thing whats with the additional rectangle icon on the right hand side?
  2. jcsd
  3. May 9, 2007 #2

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

The bomb!

I see what you mean: The thing that looks like an envelope with a bomb on it. That means that you have posted in that thread. (Somewhere there's a guide to those symbols.)
  4. May 9, 2007 #3
    [​IMG] - you have posted in this thread (any envelope with a dot in the middle means you have posted in the thread, scroll over it to see how many times you have posted in the thread)

[​IMG] - hot thread, lots of activity (lots of views, I think)

[​IMG] - thread is locked and you have posted in it

[​IMG] - thread is locked and you have not posted in it (not 100% sure on this one)

[​IMG] - Someone has attached something to this thread (its either this or the thing that shows there is a poll going on that you are talking about when you talk about the rectangle to the right I would guess..) Or it could be the thumb tack icon which denotes that a thread has been sticked (not really rectangular though :D)
    Last edited: May 9, 2007
  5. May 9, 2007 #4
    I had the same question; verdict was that the bomb was actually...you!!!
  6. May 9, 2007 #5
    i guess it isn't the good kind of bomb :rolleyes:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?