What is the easiest way to put a drawing into the post?

• Thread starter yungman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Drawing
In summary, the conversation discusses the various options for adding images to a post on the forum. These options include attaching a file, using an image hosting website, and using the "Insert Image" button on the toolbar. The conversation also mentions the need for approval for attached files and instructions for creating a URL for an image. The conversation ends with the confirmation that the issue has been resolved.
yungman
I am fairly new here, There are lots of time I would like to scan a drawing or notes to put into the post, I can't find a good way. If I attach a file, it takes a day for moderator to clear it. The other choice is to put it online. I have seen people just put a jpeg file onto the post. Where can I find instructions to do that?

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
yungman said:
I am fairly new here, There are lots of time I would like to scan a drawing or notes to put into the post, I can't find a good way. If I attach a file, it takes a day for moderator to clear it. The other choice is to put it online. I have seen people just put a jpeg file onto the post. Where can I find instructions to do that?

Thanks

There is an "Insert Image" button in your toolbar when you are composing your message. Just provide the URL for the image and voila!

I also believe that after a certain number of posts one does not need approval.

CS

stewartcs said:
There is an "Insert Image" button in your toolbar when you are composing your message. Just provide the URL for the image and voila!

I also believe that after a certain number of posts one does not need approval.

CS

I am not very good with computers! I search the web, how do you create a URL.

I see post that simply have a jpeg image in the post so you don't have to click anything to view.

yungman said:
I am not very good with computers! I search the web, how do you create a URL.

I see post that simply have a jpeg image in the post so you don't have to click anything to view.

The toolbar also has an "attachments" button, indicated with the paper-clip icon. That tool should allow you to upload a picture for viewing with your message. You simply need to know where the file is on your computer; no need for URL.

symbolipoint said:
The toolbar also has an "attachments" button, indicated with the paper-clip icon. That tool should allow you to upload a picture for viewing with your message. You simply need to know where the file is on your computer; no need for URL.

I believe the OP didn't want to wait for the attachment to be approved.

CS

symbolipoint said:

I tried with jpeg file like what you suggest, still it end up to be an attached file that need to be approved. The following is a thread in this sub forum also that have image in the post:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=280082

I wonder how the person did it.

First of all, you should upload your image to an image hosting website like http://tinypic.com/". (This is a fast and good one). After you upload, it gives some links to you for different purposes, choose "direct link for layouts". Then, click the "insert image" button on your tool bar and paste the link that you have.

Here, you have an image in your post.
2zir8kn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
soul said:
First of all, you should upload your image to an image hosting website like http://tinypic.com/". (This is a fast and good one). After you upload, it gives some links to you for different purposes, choose "direct link for layouts". Then, click the "insert image" button on your tool bar and paste the link that you have.

Here, you have an image in your post.
2zir8kn.jpg

Thanks a million, I'll try this out!

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome.

soul said:
You're welcome.

2gwc8cz.jpg

THink I got it.

Thanks a million.

1. What file format should I use for my drawing?

The easiest way to put a drawing into a post is by using a standard image file format such as JPEG, PNG, or GIF. These formats are widely supported and can be easily uploaded and displayed on most platforms.

2. How do I resize my drawing for the post?

To resize your drawing, you can use a photo editing software or online tool to adjust the dimensions of the image. You can also use the resizing options available on most blogging or social media platforms when uploading your drawing.

3. Can I add text or annotations to my drawing?

Yes, you can add text or annotations to your drawing before uploading it to your post. There are various tools and software available that allow you to add text and other graphics to your drawing.

4. What is the best way to ensure my drawing looks clear and high-quality in the post?

To ensure your drawing looks clear and high-quality in your post, make sure to use a high-resolution version of the image. Avoid compressing the image too much, as it can result in a loss of quality. Additionally, try to use a neutral background and good lighting when taking photos of your drawing.

5. Can I embed a drawing from a website into my post?

Yes, you can embed a drawing from a website into your post by using the embed code provided by the website. Most websites that allow sharing of drawings or images have an option to generate an embed code, which you can then copy and paste into your post.