What is the easiest way to put a drawing into the post?

  • Thread starter Thread starter yungman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Drawing
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 3K views
yungman
Messages
5,741
Reaction score
291
I am fairly new here, There are lots of time I would like to scan a drawing or notes to put into the post, I can't find a good way. If I attach a file, it takes a day for moderator to clear it. The other choice is to put it online. I have seen people just put a jpeg file onto the post. Where can I find instructions to do that?

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
yungman said:
I am fairly new here, There are lots of time I would like to scan a drawing or notes to put into the post, I can't find a good way. If I attach a file, it takes a day for moderator to clear it. The other choice is to put it online. I have seen people just put a jpeg file onto the post. Where can I find instructions to do that?

Thanks

There is an "Insert Image" button in your toolbar when you are composing your message. Just provide the URL for the image and voila!

I also believe that after a certain number of posts one does not need approval.

CS
 
stewartcs said:
There is an "Insert Image" button in your toolbar when you are composing your message. Just provide the URL for the image and voila!

I also believe that after a certain number of posts one does not need approval.

CS

I am not very good with computers! I search the web, how do you create a URL.

I see post that simply have a jpeg image in the post so you don't have to click anything to view.
 
yungman said:
I am not very good with computers! I search the web, how do you create a URL.

I see post that simply have a jpeg image in the post so you don't have to click anything to view.

The toolbar also has an "attachments" button, indicated with the paper-clip icon. That tool should allow you to upload a picture for viewing with your message. You simply need to know where the file is on your computer; no need for URL.
 
symbolipoint said:
The toolbar also has an "attachments" button, indicated with the paper-clip icon. That tool should allow you to upload a picture for viewing with your message. You simply need to know where the file is on your computer; no need for URL.

I believe the OP didn't want to wait for the attachment to be approved.

CS
 
symbolipoint said:
The toolbar also has an "attachments" button, indicated with the paper-clip icon. That tool should allow you to upload a picture for viewing with your message. You simply need to know where the file is on your computer; no need for URL.

I tried with jpeg file like what you suggest, still it end up to be an attached file that need to be approved. The following is a thread in this sub forum also that have image in the post:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=280082

I wonder how the person did it.
 
First of all, you should upload your image to an image hosting website like http://tinypic.com/". (This is a fast and good one). After you upload, it gives some links to you for different purposes, choose "direct link for layouts". Then, click the "insert image" button on your tool bar and paste the link that you have.

Here, you have an image in your post.
2zir8kn.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
soul said:
First of all, you should upload your image to an image hosting website like http://tinypic.com/". (This is a fast and good one). After you upload, it gives some links to you for different purposes, choose "direct link for layouts". Then, click the "insert image" button on your tool bar and paste the link that you have.

Here, you have an image in your post.
2zir8kn.jpg

Thanks a million, I'll try this out!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
soul said:
You're welcome.

2gwc8cz.jpg



THink I got it.

Thanks a million.