1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is the easiest way to put a drawing into the post?

1. Dec 28, 2008 #1
    I am fairly new here, There are lots of time I would like to scan a drawing or notes to put into the post, I can't find a good way. If I attach a file, it takes a day for moderator to clear it. The other choice is to put it online. I have seen people just put a jpeg file onto the post. Where can I find instructions to do that?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 28, 2008 #2

stewartcs

Science Advisor

There is an "Insert Image" button in your toolbar when you are composing your message. Just provide the URL for the image and voila!

I also believe that after a certain number of posts one does not need approval.

CS

4. Dec 28, 2008 #3
    I am not very good with computers!!! I search the web, how do you create a URL.

I see post that simply have a jpeg image in the post so you don't have to click anything to view.

5. Dec 28, 2008 #4

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

The toolbar also has an "attachments" button, indicated with the paper-clip icon. That tool should allow you to upload a picture for viewing with your message. You simply need to know where the file is on your computer; no need for URL.

6. Dec 28, 2008 #5

stewartcs

Science Advisor

I believe the OP didn't want to wait for the attachment to be approved.

CS

7. Dec 28, 2008 #6
    I tried with jpeg file like what you suggest, still it end up to be an attached file that need to be approved. The following is a thread in this sub forum also that have image in the post:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=280082

I wonder how the person did it.

8. Dec 29, 2008 #7
    First of all, you should upload your image to an image hosting website like http://tinypic.com/. (This is a fast and good one). After you upload, it gives some links to you for different purposes, choose "direct link for layouts". Then, click the "insert image" button on your tool bar and paste the link that you have.

Here, you have an image in your post.
    [​IMG]

9. Dec 29, 2008 #8
    Thanks a million, I'll try this out!!

10. Dec 29, 2008 #9
    You're welcome.

11. Dec 30, 2008 #10
    [​IMG]

THink I got it.

Thanks a million.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?