What is the temperature of the gas?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bigworldjust
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Gas Temperature
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 10K views
Bigworldjust
Messages
53
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



A gas of 8.00×10^19 atoms or molecules has 0.500 J of thermal energy. Its molar specific heat at constant pressure is 20.8 J/mol K.

Homework Equations



T = 0.5/(N*specific heat)

The Attempt at a Solution



I divided 8.00*10^19 by Avogadro's Constant to get the number of moles. Than I did .5/(N*20.8 J/mol K) and got 181 K. But that seems to be incorrect. Anyone know why?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Why does it seem incorrect?

Edit: The molar heat at constant pressure is given!

ehild
 
Last edited:
You're using the wrong specific heat.
 
That's something you need to figure out. The relationship between cp and cv is surely talked about in your textbook.
 
Thanks, I got it now.
 
Last edited: