What is this program -- disable amt profile synchronization pop-up

In summary, the conversation discusses the purpose of the "disable amt profile synchronization pop-up for windows xp/vista/7/8" program, and whether or not it can be uninstalled. The participants also mention the annoyance of pre-installed software on new computers and suggest doing a fresh install to avoid potential malware. Ultimately, it is determined that the program may be necessary and should be left alone on a personal laptop without complex networking needs.
yungman
I just recovered my laptop, this comes with the recovery.

What is "disable amt profile synchronization pop-up for windows xp/vista/7/8" for? Can I uninstall it?

Thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
Check this and this out. It probably depends on the context of the message. Is your firewall asking you? A particular application?

Likes yungman
Thomas Thelen said:
Check this and this out. It probably depends on the context of the message. Is your firewall asking you? A particular application?

Thanks for the reply, The firewall did not ask. I just recovered my laptop, I went through the installed program and try to uninstall all the non essential programs as my experience is they actually bundle some of the malware in the new computers! I just want to have what is necessary running in the laptop.

Ah yes, pre-installed crapware can be very annoying. If you have the opportunity and time, reformat your drive and do a fresh install!

Likes yungman
Thanks

Actually, it's a fresh install. That's the reason I went in and try to get rid of any unnecessary programs. I know they bundle craps into the laptop. But in this case, after I read more about, sounds like I should leave it alone. It's not doing much as this is a personal laptop, no networking or any complicate things, the program should not be in the picture.

1. What is the purpose of the "disable amt profile synchronization pop-up" program?

The "disable amt profile synchronization pop-up" program is designed to prevent the automatic synchronization of user profiles in the Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) system. This allows for greater control over the synchronization process and prevents unintended changes to user profiles.

2. How does the "disable amt profile synchronization pop-up" program work?

The program works by modifying the registry settings on the computer to disable the automatic synchronization feature in the AMT system. This ensures that user profiles are not synchronized without the user's explicit consent.

3. Is the "disable amt profile synchronization pop-up" program safe to use?

Yes, the program is safe to use as it only modifies the registry settings and does not make any other changes to the system. However, it is always recommended to use caution when making changes to the registry and to create a backup before running the program.

4. Can the "disable amt profile synchronization pop-up" program be reversed?

Yes, the program can be reversed by simply running it again and selecting the option to enable the synchronization pop-up. This will restore the original registry settings and allow for automatic profile synchronization in the AMT system.

5. Will using the "disable amt profile synchronization pop-up" program affect other features of the AMT system?

No, using the program to disable the synchronization pop-up will not affect any other features of the AMT system. It only prevents the automatic synchronization of user profiles and does not interfere with other functions or settings of the system.