Would you play laser tag in a star trek setting?

In summary, the conversation discusses paying for a laser tag arena on the starship enterprise, with one person stating they would pay for it if it's fun and another person mentioning writing a program for the holodeck instead. The idea of including common areas in the game is also brought up.
NCC1701
Would you pay for this?

Physics news on Phys.org
If it's fun, sure.

Hell yes...

Though it always depends on how steep the price is, but, I'm pretty sure I'd pay for that.

Thinking of a laser tag arena in the starship enterprise and the MVP takes the captains chair and controls which doors open for a strategic "choke"

Why would I pay for it when I could just write a program for the holodeck?

laser tag on the starship enterprise would be fun if it included many of the common areas and not just the captain's and hallways.

Yeah, why not. I'm only 13 anyway, I've got nothing to lose...

1. What is "laser tag"?

Laser tag is a game where players use laser guns to tag and eliminate opponents in a simulated combat or battle setting. It is often played in indoor or outdoor arenas with obstacles and special effects to enhance the experience.

2. How is laser tag played in a Star Trek setting?

In a Star Trek setting, laser tag would involve players taking on the roles of characters from the franchise and using laser guns to simulate battles or missions from the series. The game may also incorporate elements from the Star Trek universe, such as teleportation, alien creatures, and different types of weapons.

3. Is laser tag safe to play?

Yes, laser tag is generally safe to play as long as players follow the rules and wear the necessary protective gear. The lasers used in the game are low-powered and do not cause any harm to the players. However, it is always important to follow the safety guidelines provided by the laser tag facility or game organizer.

4. Can players customize their characters or weapons in a Star Trek laser tag game?

Yes, players can often customize their characters and weapons in a Star Trek laser tag game. This can include choosing a specific Star Trek character to play as, selecting different types of laser guns, and even creating custom costumes or props to enhance the experience.

5. Are there any specific rules or guidelines for playing laser tag in a Star Trek setting?

Yes, there may be specific rules or guidelines for playing laser tag in a Star Trek setting, depending on the facility or organizer. These may include rules for using certain weapons or abilities, specific roles or objectives for each player, and guidelines for appropriate behavior during the game. It is important to familiarize yourself with these rules before playing to ensure a fun and safe experience for everyone.