Is Wien's Law Applicable to All Materials and Conditions?

• Thread starter stackprogramer
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Law
In summary: However, the deviation is usually small and only noticeable at very high temperatures. In summary, Wien's displacement law holds true for all elements and products under all conditions. There are materials that deviate from a blackbody spectrum and therefore the position of the peak may not be proportional to temperature, but this is only noticeable at very high temperatures and does not exclude the law.
stackprogramer
wein law talk in temperature upper 0 kelvin the mass have radiate that lenghth wave is λ=b/T
my question is this rule is true for all elements all products and all condition!
wiens_law.gif

Physics news on Phys.org
https://www.physicsforums.com/search/2083989/?q=wien%27s+law&o=relevance

thanks,ok,i will read your link.my question is has it exclusion in nature?

has Wien's displacement law exclusion??my mean is is there a material that in upper of 0 kelvin don't radiate any wave from itself,please help,thanks very much

stackprogramer said:
my mean is is there a material that in upper of 0 kelvin don't radiate any wave from itself
Such a material does not exist.

There are materials where the position of the peak (as frequency) is not proportional to temperature, but this is a completely different question.

Edit: I merged the two threads.

Likes stackprogramer
Such a material does not exist.

There are materials where the position of the peak (as frequency) is not proportional to temperature, but this is a completely different question.
please me introduce these materials,"here are materials where the position of the peak (as frequency) is not proportional to temperature"

All colored materials that are heat-resistant enough, for example.
You just need some deviation from a blackbody spectrum, and nearly no object is a perfect blackbody.

1. What is Wien's Law?

Wien's Law, also known as the Wien displacement law, is a physical law that describes the relationship between the temperature of a blackbody (an object that absorbs all radiation that falls on it) and the wavelength at which it emits the most radiation. It states that the wavelength of maximum emission is inversely proportional to the temperature of the object.

2. Who discovered Wien's Law?

Wien's Law was discovered by German physicist Wilhelm Wien in 1893. He proposed the law after conducting experiments on the blackbody radiation and finding a mathematical relationship between the temperature and wavelength at which the radiation is emitted.

3. How is Wien's Law used in science?

Wien's Law is an important tool in studying and understanding the behavior of blackbody radiation. It is also used in fields such as astrophysics, where it helps in determining the temperature of stars based on their emitted radiation. It is also used in engineering and technology, such as in the development of thermal imaging cameras.

4. What is the significance of Wien's Law?

Wien's Law is significant because it provides a fundamental understanding of the behavior of blackbody radiation and helps in predicting the temperature of objects based on their emitted radiation. It also played a key role in the development of quantum mechanics and the study of atomic and molecular spectra.

5. Can Wien's Law be applied to all objects?

Wien's Law is applicable to all objects that behave like blackbodies, meaning they absorb and emit all radiation that falls on them. However, it is most accurate for objects with temperatures above 500K, as the law breaks down at lower temperatures due to the effects of quantum mechanics.