Advanced placement physics books

In summary, the person is asking for suggestions on advanced placement preparation books and is considering the Princeton Review or Kaplan. They are specifically looking for books to prepare for exams and earn university credits. The responder does not have much knowledge on these books but recommends the Fundamentals of Physics series by Halliday Resnick and Walker, which is accessible for high school students with a strong foundation in concepts. They also mention that the 6th edition may not be available in America.
needhelpperson
Hi, I am planning to purchase one of the advanced placement preparation books. Are there any suggestions? I had in mind of the princeton review or kaplan... If anyone knows which one is better can you provide an explanation as well.. thanks i appreciate it.

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know much about Princeton Reviews or Kaplans, living in an isolated country such as New Zealand :smile:.

I'm assuming the books you are referring to is for first-year undergraduate. Personally I don't have much experience about which physics textbook is best, being a high school students myself. I myself has only found a few and all of them, and they are from the University bookshop. I quite liked Fundamentals of Physics series by Halliday Resnick and Walker because it is accessible to high students who has a good foundation and concepts.

P.S. For some reasons the bookshop claims the 6th edition is not available in America.

thanx for the reply, but I am actually looking for books that help prepare me for the actual exams which can be used for first year university credits. Please feel free to recommend any of those...

1. What is the difference between AP Physics 1 and AP Physics 2?

AP Physics 1 focuses on the fundamental principles of physics, while AP Physics 2 covers more advanced topics, including electricity and magnetism, thermodynamics, and modern physics.

2. Are there different versions of AP Physics books for different levels of difficulty?

Yes, there are multiple versions of AP Physics books available, including those for AP Physics 1, AP Physics 2, and AP Physics C. These books are designed to align with the corresponding AP exams and vary in difficulty level.

3. Are there any specific books recommended by the College Board for AP Physics?

Yes, the College Board recommends the following books for AP Physics: "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" by Giancoli for AP Physics 1, "Physics for Scientists and Engineers: Electricity and Magnetism" by Serway and Jewett for AP Physics 2, and "University Physics" by Young and Freedman for AP Physics C.

4. Can AP Physics books be used as a standalone resource for studying?

While AP Physics books are a valuable resource, they should not be used as the sole source of studying. Students should also attend class, complete practice problems, and utilize other resources such as videos and online practice tests.

5. Are there any online resources that accompany AP Physics books?

Yes, many AP Physics books come with online resources such as practice tests, quizzes, and interactive simulations to help students further understand the concepts. Additionally, there are many free online resources available, such as Khan Academy, that offer additional practice problems and explanations.