Where Can a Green Card Holder Find Aerospace Engineering Internships in Michigan?

In summary, the speaker is a 3rd year Bachelor student in Aerospace Engineering at SRM University in India. They will be starting their Master's program at the University of Dayton in the fall of 2016 and are looking for suggestions on where to apply for a job or internship in the aerospace industry. They also mention being a green card holder and wanting to work in the Detroit area for the summer before their semester begins. They ask for advice on which emphasis in the UD Aerospace program is the best for the current market and for active learning, and also mention the poor job market in Detroit. They are considering nationwide job search but prefer to work in Detroit.
Sai Nandyala
Hi people of this forum,

I have a serious issue at hand right now. I am currently a 3rd year Bachelor student of the Aerospace Engineering at SRM Universty, India. I will be entering my Master's in Aerospace Engineering at the University of Dayton in the fall of 2016 under a Dual-Degree program at SRM. I am a permanent resident of the US (green card holder) and would like to join any aerospace organization to improve my skills as well as to make some money during the summer of 2016 to assist my master's funding.

I need suggestions on where to apply (either a job or an internship).
1. Is it easy for green card holders to get aerospace jobs both in the public and private sector?.
2. I am from the state of Michigan and please let me know if you have any ideas about companies that i can apply to in the Detroit area.
3. How had is master's in aerospace engineering?
4. The UD Aerospace offers emphasis on structures, design, propulsion, and fluids. Among these which is the easiest or the hardest. Which is worth taking for the current market growth and which is the best for active learning.
5. I have nearly 3 months of summer to spare before my semester begins at UD? What exactly do I do by then? (I will be in the US by June)

Physics news on Phys.org
The job market in Detroit is poor right now. In aerospace engineering, you would be much better served with a nation wide search.

Likes praveena
I have lived in Detroit for nearly 10 years now so I really want to work close to the place. I do find some aerospace companies such as BAE Systems and Raytheon entering the market but I heard it's really difficult to land a job in those.

Likes praveena

1. What is Aerospace Engineering?

Aerospace Engineering is a field of engineering that focuses on the design, development, and production of aircraft and spacecraft. This includes the development of new technologies, materials, and systems to improve flight safety, efficiency, and performance.

2. What are the job responsibilities of an Aerospace Engineer?

An Aerospace Engineer is responsible for designing, testing, and analyzing aircraft and spacecraft systems and components. They also conduct research and development to improve existing technologies and develop new ones. Additionally, they may work on projects related to propulsion, aerodynamics, structures, and control systems.

3. What skills are required to become an Aerospace Engineer?

To become an Aerospace Engineer, one must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as a solid understanding of mathematics, physics, and computer-aided design (CAD) software. Communication and teamwork skills are also essential, as Aerospace Engineers often work in multidisciplinary teams to complete projects.

4. What industries hire Aerospace Engineers?

Aerospace Engineers can work in a variety of industries, including commercial and military aircraft manufacturing, space exploration and technology, government agencies, and research and development. They may also work for consulting firms or in academia.

5. What is the job outlook for Aerospace Engineers?

The job outlook for Aerospace Engineers is positive, with a projected growth rate of 3% from 2019 to 2029. This is due to the continued demand for new and improved aircraft and spacecraft technologies, as well as the increasing use of drones and other unmanned aerial vehicles in various industries.