Are there situations in which Newton's laws are not fulfilled?

In summary, the conversation revolves around a question about Newton's laws and whether there are any exceptions to them. The person asking for help is reminded of the forum rules to show their own effort and not just ask for an opinion. The conversation also includes a reminder to be respectful and not make accusations. The conversation ends with the thread being closed due to the person's failure to follow the rules.
Lucho G
New poster has been reminded to show their work on schoolwork problems
Homework Statement
Existing situations in which Newton's laws are not fulfilled? If so, which ones?

In the case of the formula f = m.a, there must always be a constant acceleration, otherwise this equation would not be valid?
In the case of inertia in the same way, if it is at rest, is it not valid?
and in the second law there must be force? Please clarify these doubts, and if I am wrong in something let me know
Relevant Equations
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FJHEP04(2011)029
Please I require solutions to this question about Newton's laws
thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
You need to make an effort yourself here.

Likes russ_watters
? Didn't we do this like last week ? Has anything changed ?

Likes Chestermiller and Vanadium 50
Lucho G said:
Homework Statement:: Are there kinematic equations that are not always true? If so, which ones and in what cases?
Relevant Equations:: Cinematica
Was that this question by any chance?

jbriggs444 said:
No is the same, in this forum I want to know about Newton laws

PeroK said:
You need to make an effort yourself here.
Don't be rude, I'm just asking you for an opinion on the subject, if you don't like it, don't answer, period.

jbriggs444 said:
No is the same, in this forum I want to know about Newton laws

Lucho G said:
If you are just going to screw around, you're not likely to get any help

Also, to reiterate post #2, you have to make some effort yourself. We are not here as a Q&A forum.

phinds said:
If you are just going to screw around, you're not likely to get any help

Also, to reiterate post #2, you have to make some effort yourself. We are not here as a Q&A forum.

I repeat, do not be rude, and please kindly withdraw

Yes.

Lucho G said:
Don't be rude, I'm just asking you for an opinion on the subject, if you don't like it, don't answer, period.

He's not being rude. He's pointing out that the forum rules require you to show your own effort first for a homework thread. You can't just "ask an opinion".

Lucho G said:
I repeat, do not be rude, and please kindly withdraw

Same response here; you are being reminded of the forum rules, and that is not "rude".

If you cannot show any effort yourself, this thread will be closed.

Likes yucheng and russ_watters
[QUOTE = "PeterDonis, publicación: 6428509, miembro: 197831"]
No está siendo grosero. Señala que las reglas del foro requieren que primero muestres tu propio esfuerzo para un hilo de tarea. No se puede simplemente "pedir una opinión".
Misma respuesta aquí; se le recuerda las reglas del foro, y eso no es "grosero".

Si no puede mostrar ningún esfuerzo por sí mismo, este hilo se cerrará.
[/quote]
yo know the rule ,but if they start to tell me that " just going to screw around " I'm taking it as an offense I developed the question if you can SEE IT CLEARER ABOVE IN THE PUBLICATION.

Last edited by a moderator:
This might help.

Point #4.

What level of schoolwork requires you to find/not-find examples of Newton's Laws being invalid ?

Likes yucheng and jbriggs444
hmmm27 said:
I know but this expression "just going to screw around" shows no recpect.

Lucho G said:
yo know the rule

Then you should be following it, not complaining about what other people are saying.

Since you have failed to follow the rule despite repeated requests, this thread is closed.

1. What are Newton's laws of motion?

Newton's laws of motion are three fundamental principles that describe the behavior of objects in motion. They are: 1) an object at rest will remain at rest and an object in motion will remain in motion at a constant velocity unless acted upon by an external force, 2) the force applied to an object is equal to its mass multiplied by its acceleration, and 3) for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

2. Are there any situations in which Newton's laws are not applicable?

Yes, there are certain situations where Newton's laws may not be fulfilled. This can occur in extreme conditions such as at the atomic or subatomic level, or in situations involving very high speeds or massive objects where the effects of relativity and quantum mechanics must be taken into account.

3. Can you give an example of a situation where Newton's laws are not fulfilled?

One example is the behavior of particles at the quantum level, where they can exhibit behaviors such as wave-particle duality and quantum entanglement that cannot be explained by classical mechanics.

4. How do scientists account for these situations where Newton's laws do not apply?

Scientists use other theories and principles, such as relativity and quantum mechanics, to explain the behavior of objects in these extreme conditions. These theories have been extensively tested and have been shown to accurately describe the behavior of particles at the atomic and subatomic level.

5. Are Newton's laws still relevant and important in modern science?

Yes, Newton's laws are still very relevant and important in modern science. They are the basis for classical mechanics and are still used to describe the behavior of objects in most everyday situations. While they may not fully explain all phenomena, they are still a fundamental part of understanding the physical world around us.