Books with exercises on Classical Mechanics (Introductory)

In summary, The conversation was about the person's need for a book with exercises to excel in classical mechanics and get a good grade. They were recommended books by Morin, Irodov, Krotov, Kleppner, and Kolenkow, with a special mention for Irodov's book which includes solutions.
RFeynman
I need a book with exercises, to try to excel my next classical mechanics, I really to get a good grade.
Thank you very much!

Physics news on Phys.org
RFeynman said:
I need a book with exercises, to try to excel my next classical mechanics, I really to get a good grade.
Thank you very much!

Try problem book by Irodov, David Morin and Krotov. You can find Irodov and Krotov on Internet archive. I also like problems in Kleppner and Kolenkow's book.

Likes RFeynman
For problems, there cannot be anything better than Irodov, as @Buffu has pointed out.

Likes RFeynman
Wrichik Basu said:
For problems, there cannot be anything better than Irodov, as @Buffu has pointed out.

Best part is that the solutions are included in the book.

Likes RFeynman and Wrichik Basu

1. What is Classical Mechanics?

Classical Mechanics is a branch of physics that deals with the motion and behavior of macroscopic objects. It is based on three laws of motion proposed by Sir Isaac Newton and is widely used to study the motion of objects such as planets, cars, and projectiles.

2. What are some examples of books with exercises on Classical Mechanics?

Some popular books with exercises on Classical Mechanics include "Classical Mechanics" by John R. Taylor, "Introduction to Classical Mechanics" by David Morin, and "Classical Mechanics: The Theoretical Minimum" by Leonard Susskind and George Hrabovsky.

3. Why are exercises important in learning Classical Mechanics?

Exercises are important in learning Classical Mechanics because they allow students to apply the concepts and principles they have learned to solve problems and deepen their understanding of the subject. They also help students develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, which are essential for studying physics.

4. What level of mathematics is required for studying Classical Mechanics?

A strong foundation in calculus is essential for studying Classical Mechanics. Students should have a good understanding of differentiation, integration, and vector calculus. Some knowledge of linear algebra and differential equations may also be helpful.

5. Is prior knowledge of physics necessary for studying Classical Mechanics?

Prior knowledge of physics, particularly in mechanics, is recommended but not necessary for studying Classical Mechanics. However, a good understanding of basic physics concepts such as force, acceleration, and energy will be helpful in understanding the principles of Classical Mechanics.