Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,336 replies · 3M views
WWGD said:
I knew of someone who referred to IT as in the pronoun "It". That was pretty confusion. But we wouldn't use " 9 is the square route of 81".
The way to get around this is "I.T." Very obvious, at least in written or printed form.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
20221116_100339.webp
 
  • Haha
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, nuuskur, davenn and 1 other person
WWGD said:
Kreuze fiction?
Kreuzifizierung. Silly, since it isn't a word, but I thought of it and simply created an English transliteration.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: dextercioby, sbrothy, nuuskur and 1 other person
I created " Der Hungert Spielen", for the Hunger Games, but none of my German friends had any idea what that meant.
 
WWGD said:
I created " Der Hungert Spielen", for the Hunger Games, but none of my German friends had any idea what that meant.
You just had to drop the last letters: Die Hunger Spiele. But it runs with its original title here, I think.
 
Last edited:
Imagine you're boarding a transatlantic flight and Tom Hanks is sitting next to you. What do you do:

(a) Send a text message saying "I love you all."
(b) Get off the plane somehow.
(c) Start praying.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: davenn and BillTre
#23267 with the duck sitting on the dog's head, reminds me of The Duck Song, by Bryant Oden. Not completely straightforward but enough.
 
fresh_42 said:
Kreuzifizierung. Silly, since it isn't a word, but I thought of it and simply created an English transliteration.
“Kreuzifizierung”?! o0)

I must admit I love learning new words but sometimes I have to be a little critical of where I pick them up!